Flyknit Chukka Thread

hello all, i'm new to this forum so pardon me if i've missed any obvious answers. need some advice here on wearing the flyknit chukkas.

this the only model of chukka among my sneakers that actually cause blisters and hurts at the back of the heel/ankle area due to the heel tab and cutting at the rim.

how do you guys actually wear it? tight/loose? how bout the laces? hide/tied/leave it hanging outside? seems that if i tighten, there's a lot of loose ends and i never liked the long ended laces looks

i've since avoid wearing it since the bad first time exp but it's a pity if i don't wear them coz the night factor is too doped to let go. i wanna know how to wear them without getting hurt cos i usually wear my sneakers with low cut socks or ankle socks. i'll give it a 2nd try with all your advice!
Try wearing cotton dress socks. As for blisters around the heel, that has happened to me with basketball shoes. Do you get blisters in the heel from walking around?

Just looked at my pair and it is smooth all around from the heel, rim, and tab.

Don't remember which sneaker, but there was some plastic threading so the same issue was alleviated after cutting the threading out. Should be fine for you to cut here too, but if you don't want to, try lining the area with medical tape or wear thicker socks.

They should've been 85 instead of 120 at ES store.  ES is half off everything.
Actually, ES is not half off everything. It is half off for most accessories, and certain bread and butter models. But most premium footwear, and any plus tech based wrist wear, etc. come in much closer to 40% off.

Last edited:

Yeah, dude was just selling for $120 if anyone wanted him to pick them up a pair.
The guy is charging tax if the Wolf Greys are at the ES.  Still a good price, but I guarantee these are only $85 + any possible tax.  Every single shoe I've seen at ES is either 50% off or 50% + $5.  The only shoes I didn't see at 50% were golf shoes.  Not sure if this policy is implemented everywhere, but I believe ES has started to limit the number of pairs you can purchase of 1 model to 3 pairs (minus launch day shoes).  So if he's looking to grab a FSR, he might be in for a rude awakening.

Last edited:
Good find for a nice CW, especially when you de-flywire the volt out like I did w/ my pair (thanks again to whoever did it first!) 

I may be alone on this one but I really like how the flywire accents the shoe,
At first I thought the cutting of the flywire made those look better but after a while, I think the subtle green really accents the shoe well. Looks a bit bland without it.

Agreed. Out of the 5 pairs of Chukkas I have, I only considered doing that to this obsidian cw. It's just nice to know that it was an option.

Just looked at my pair and it is smooth all around from the heel, rim, and tab.

Don't remember which sneaker, but there was some plastic threading so the same issue was alleviated after cutting the threading out. Should be fine for you to cut here too, but if you don't want to, try lining the area with medical tape or wear thicker socks.
yeah you're right, there seems to be some plastic melted thread protruding at my right pair which is causing much discomfort. i'll see if i can unstitch them and stitch it back again, hopefully helps.

if all else fails, yes i'm already thought some transparent plaster might do the trick.

waiting for @gusmq to post midnight fog sz 8.5
Those are almost sold out....only chances would be outlets or a re-stock....
mad.gif

Last edited:
Do they fit more loose now? I have wide feet and had to .5 size up in these. Was wondering if I could .5 size down if I cut the wires too.

Back
Top Bottom