Flyknit Chukka Thread

End is hit or miss with customs. They mark the full US value of an item so Fedex brokerage may decide to impose a customs fee. The fees are arbitrary too. My friend and I ordered the same pair of shoes from them (same size and everything) my friend lives across the street mind you. A few week after we got our shoes in, we each got bills from fedex. Mine was for $54.00 and my friends was for $62.00. After several complaints the brokerage fee was reduced. End marked the items as "sports memorabilia", which was ridiculous. If you order 1 item from them for under $200.00, you may be fine, but who really knows!

Just ordered a UK size 11 myself, how long do you think till get get them mailed out? I've never shopped at END before this. I used the US site so it was $9 dollars more, wish I would of saw your post before hand.

I just read "In general, packages with a value of less than US$200 will not require any duty charges." so hopefully no surprises.
End is actually pretty quick for shipping.  No more than a week did it take for me to get my Inneva's.  However......i did get hit pretty good with custom fees for them. on sale for $139 + $12 shipping, ended up paying $178. was not at all thrilled.  Hope that helps.

I already have a pair of wolfs locked, so I think I will chance the others with FNL. Cant beat that free shipping and $20 off. 

Free world wide shipping from end clothing until 5/24, just copped the wolf grey for $150.they come up as $159 on US site but change to UK site and they work out cheaper.
Here's hoping I avoid customs.
I work in Customs brokerage (and have cleared a lot of shipments from End Clothing). If the value of the goods is under $200.00, Customs doesn't really care about the shipment and it should get released duty-free as a low-value exemption without any issues. 
customs usually doesn't charge if it's from a business
Customs makes no distinction between shipments sent from businesses or individuals. The value of the shipment is the first determining factor on when they charge duties and taxes. After that, it just depends on what's in the shipment. Some stuff like computers and computer equipment are duty-free. Other stuff like clothing and shoes generally have the highest duty rates (anywhere from about 2% to over 30% of the value). But, again, only shipments over $200.00 require a Customs entry and they'll release almost anything under that value duty-free.

I work in Customs brokerage (and have cleared a lot of shipments from End Clothing). If the value of the goods is under $200.00, Customs doesn't really care about the shipment and it should get released duty-free as a low-value exemption without any issues. 

Customs makes no distinction between shipments sent from businesses or individuals. The value of the shipment is the first determining factor on when they charge duties and taxes. After that, it just depends on what's in the shipment. Some stuff like computers and computer equipment are duty-free. Other stuff like clothing and shoes generally have the highest duty rates (anywhere from about 2% to over 30% of the value). But, again, only shipments over $200.00 require a Customs entry and they'll release almost anything under that value duty-free.
[/quote
]I've always been charged $50+ for stuff from my buddy in Japan. my friend who orders from businesses told me he hasn't been charged. what is the criteria for getting charged? one shipment was under $200 but I still got charged? also what is the process for protesting the charge? I feel like it's a flawed process because the USPS lady asked me for a check to be forwarded to the customs office, but I could have given her, a third party, a bogus check.

Like you said, it really is a flawed process. Customs has the right to deny the low-value exemption and request a formal entry on stuff under $200.00, and in my experience they usually don't give much of a reason (if any) when they do this. It's more bad luck than anything else when this happens most of the time.

It's also possible that whoever was clearing those shipments for the USPS didn't bother to ask Customs for the low-value release and filed the dutiable entry on their own. As far as disputing the charges goes, I can't say for certain how the USPS does it. If they had you mail checks directly to U.S. Customs though, your best bet would be to contact the Customs port where you mailed the check to (which can usually be found on the U.S. Customs website if it isn't on the actual bill). The express carriers like FedEx and UPS actually have their own brokers under contract to clear their stuff, and you can usually work out disputes with their billing departments instead of having to deal with Customs yourself.

Last edited:
End is hit or miss with customs. They mark the full US value of an item so Fedex brokerage may decide to impose a customs fee. The fees are arbitrary too. My friend and I ordered the same pair of shoes from them (same size and everything) my friend lives across the street mind you. A few week after we got our shoes in, we each got bills from fedex. Mine was for $54.00 and my friends was for $62.00. After several complaints the brokerage fee was reduced. End marked the items as "sports memorabilia", which was ridiculous. If you order 1 item from them for under $200.00, you may be fine, but who really knows!
I'd chalk this one up to human error. Either somebody at End had something different on the paperwork for the two shipments or the person with FedEx's brokerage company made a mistake and submitted one of the shipments as the wrong thing with the wrong duty rate. More than likely the mistake was on FedEx's end since they got the fees reduced.

USPS wouldn't release the parcel to me without the payment. the mail lady accepted a check in person made out to us customs and showed me a paper with the amount due. same at the post office.

anyways..
View media item 425042just an artistic look at my nomination for shoe of 2013.

USPS wouldn't release the parcel to me without the payment. the mail lady accepted a check in person made out to us customs and showed me a paper with the amount due. same at the post office.

anyways..
View media item 425042just an artistic look at my nomination for shoe of 2013.

Just ordered a UK size 11 myself, how long do you think till get get them mailed out? I've never shopped at END before this. I used the US site so it was $9 dollars more, wish I would of saw your post before hand.

I think my e-mail said its gonna ship out early june...so im guessing anywhere from first week of June to early mid june. 

I got a pair of flyknits from end about a month back and had no problems whatsoever. Shipped without any fees in less than a week. Trust me, end is usually pretty reliable.

I got a pair of flyknits from end about a month back and had no problems whatsoever. Shipped without any fees in less than a week. Trust me, end is usually pretty reliable.
Good to hear, just copped the wolf greys from End

Im not sure what your saying.. I dont know if anyone was concerned with END. They were discussing the possibility of there being custom fee's. It was concluded under $200 you should be in the clear.

Thats the concern I'm refereeing to. I honestly would just wait for the US to release them. Price of shoes with custom fees is about the same as paying retail in the United States depending on where you live.

it really is a case-by-case basis where people get hit with custom fees or not.  it's whether or not you're willing to take that risk

im just surprised by what i was reading that some people who've ordered from END have to pay customs fees on one pair of kicks

it really is a case-by-case basis where people get hit with custom fees or not.  it's whether or not you're willing to take that risk
This is true.... I live in Canada and have to deal with the possibility of custom fees most of the time whether it's from US or Euro/Asia - in most cases I've found that anything being shipped to me via USPS I will not owe fees on but 99% of all deliveries coming from the US via UPS/FedEx I will owe something. Europe/Asia is very rare I owe anything no matter what method of shipping they use.

At the end of the day I take the risk and know I could have to pay fees - just roll the dice and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Found a place that has a size 13 in the reds. Only size left I believe. Was told Nike sent that one 13 with their black chukka order. In So. Cal.
PM me if you would like the store info.

Back
Top Bottom