Flyknit Chukka Thread

has anyone noticed how small the shoe last is? i wear a 9 in every sneaker (other than my running ****). i got with a 9.5 in chukkas because the 9 looks like an 8 on foot.. 

I know I'm probably in the minority on here but I wear a 9.5 in most Nikes but a 9 in chukkas and trainers. They stretch out a lot. The first few wears might be a little uncomfortable, but then they form to your foot.

has anyone noticed how small the shoe last is? i wear a 9 in every sneaker (other than my running ****). i got with a 9.5 in chukkas because the 9 looks like an 8 on foot.. 

yep,the overall shape of the shoe definitely is noticeably smaller than another nike in the same size. i noticed the same thing wearing my flyknit 1s on one foot.

Just came in to post a heads up on the Reds. The Fogs have been restocked as well.

Also, this happened to my pair, right from the box, but didn't notice for an hour after wearing them.

View media item 415056
The flywire is torn, and if completely ripped, can cause the whole sides support to be off. Be sure to check your shoes before buying them if possible. I didn't bother to open the box.
Replacement pair is on its way thankfully.

for those with wider feet, do the side panels do this bunching up thing?

these seems pretty durable for casual wear, but it's definitely hard to keep looking like new. after about 10 wears, it'll show signs if you look closely.

it won't rip, but not good for rainy weather. just from wiping with semi-wet towel, the water soaks thru already.

i use one as a beater/everyday pair, and have a lot more that i don't wear as often.

most people are using $20 off coupons at finishline.

This is actually classified by Nike as a running shoe, go figure.
It is extremely light and doesn't appear to be constructed to be a really durable shoe.
I use it for casual use and yes it is comfortable.

For discounts, check out Nikestore. I got the black pair for $135.97. In my opinion the $170 is too high for these and I sure the other colorways will
also be discounted on nikestore, just be patient..

I'm really hoping End honours my/our orders. It seems like a ton of people have been pre-ordering the Chukkas but all the sizes are still listed as available to purchase.

This is actually classified by Nike as a running shoe, go figure.

They come in a NSW box, therefore they're a sportswear shoe, so for casual use. Nike would never advertise this as a running shoe, just like with the Roshe, or they'd probably have some lawsuits :lol:

unDS these today.

3090nj4.jpg

Anyone know if Drip Hollywood are a legit company to deal with? I ordered the obsidians from there a few weeks ago online (since ordering I've figured it is most likely a presale, although they never stated, which is sneaky) and they've taken my cash, but I've had no emails from them besides the initial order confirmation and they haven't responded to any of the three emails I've sent them since. Every time I've called it's been the busy tone. I could have easily have bought them many times over by now and I'm not even sure this place are going to send them or just take my cash. 

Anyone vouch for them?

Why is everyone pre ordering these shoes?

As far as I'm aware they aren't really flying off the shelves when released. Only reason reds are hard to cop is cause they came out before people realized how nice these were IMO.

Fogs, blacks and reds at some point in time were all widely available.

Unless I'm missing something. Too each their own though no doubt I just think its interesting. Maybe those who did can shed some light on their reasoning

Last edited:
$160 shipped from End. I'm in Canada and they don't even have these here. And if they did, they would be $210 + tax. For me, it's a no brainer.

I pre-ordered the wolf greys from End because they're 20% for non-EU countries and there was a free shipping promo when I did it. I saved about $30.00 off what I'd pay at retail, and I'll probably get them before the U.S. release. 

Might have to bite the bullet and pick up a pair of these tomorrow. After getting my first two pairs of Lunar 1's at the outlet, I am obsessed.

To who asked, I did see the reds at my local FNL.

Anyone know if Drip Hollywood are a legit company to deal with? I ordered the obsidians from there a few weeks ago online (since ordering I've figured it is most likely a presale, although they never stated, which is sneaky) and they've taken my cash, but I've had no emails from them besides the initial order confirmation and they haven't responded to any of the three emails I've sent them since. Every time I've called it's been the busy tone. I could have easily have bought them many times over by now and I'm not even sure this place are going to send them or just take my cash. 
Anyone vouch for them?

I know the owner and they are legit to deal with. Not sure why you're having such problems. They're new with their online store so that might be an issue. Keep calling but let me know if nothing happens.

$160 shipped from End. I'm in Canada and they don't even have these here. And if they did, they would be $210 + tax. For me, it's a no brainer.

Exactly this, these shoes don't make their way to Canada and if they did they would be $200. I'll probably buy the wolf grey/reds if they a big box retailer like FNL. I don't like buying from overseas retailers.

My fogs will finally arrive at the designated carrier in Point Roberts, Washington, on Wednesday. I can't wait!

I know I'm probably in the minority on here but I wear a 9.5 in most Nikes but a 9 in chukkas and trainers. They stretch out a lot. The first few wears might be a little uncomfortable, but then they form to your foot.

yep,the overall shape of the shoe definitely is noticeably smaller than another nike in the same size. i noticed the same thing wearing my flyknit 1s on one foot.

Yeah. I work for Nike so I know all about the molding and all that good stuff; but even after you stretch the chukka out it still looks very small with jeans or tapered sweats.

People say they have the same shoe last as the lunar racer but a 9.5 in a lunar racer (my running shoe) looks huge hah.

Anyone vouch for them?
I can vouch for them. As for why they have them on the site, I couldn't tell you. I was there the other day and they don't have them yet. I was told any day now. I do think they are good people but I am bummed to know they are making sales on them without even having them yet or knowing they will have the sizes for sure. I would contact them again and if no reply PM me and I'll go in there myself for you. This would piss me off too and I dont think that's right. I spend a good amount of money there so I know them and they know me. They know I send them business as well.

Why is everyone pre ordering these shoes?

As far as I'm aware they aren't really flying off the shelves when released. Only reason reds are hard to cop is cause they came out before people realized how nice these were IMO.

Fogs, blacks and reds at some point in time were all widely available.

Unless I'm missing something. Too each their own though no doubt I just think its interesting. Maybe those who did can shed some light on their reasoning
You can´t beat $160 shipped from End !!!!

That´s why I pre-ordered from them... The wait is on....

Reds back on Finishline. 20% code: 20RTN150
Hahahaha funny thing is I checked like an hour ago and they were still all sold out

Thanks! Just copped the Reds. Time to cancel my order for the Wolfs from End.

Guess it worked out for the better, now I'll have a $20 WC reward for next time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom