Flyknit Chukka Thread

Yeah, it's really hard to justify having to pay more for less comfortable tech IMO.  If the Free soled Chukkas were priced lower, then I'd definitely consider buying them.  But as you said, having experienced the Lunar soled version first, it'd be a disappointing experience to have a less comfortable shoe for a higher price.  

It's like paying $10 more for a regular sirloin steak, when you've already had Kobe beef.  
but what if that sirloin comes exclusively with an awesome sauce? lol

but what if that sirloin comes exclusively with an awesome sauce? lol
laugh.gif
 well if you put it that way.... 

but I actually avoid sauces when I eat steak. That way, I can fully enjoy the flavor of the meat.

Anyways, I'm also surprised to see that the Free Chukkas got the White label treatment.

lol @ sirloin with awesome sauce

My reasoning for getting the Free Chukkas was that I liked the overall look of the shoe's profile and colorway.  I didn't get the lunar chukkas because I didn't like the styling of the lunar sole, just a tad bit chunky to my liking.  I already have shoes with the lunarlon sole and free sole, so I knew what I was getting into as far as comfort.  As for price, it's definitely the most I've spent on casual shoes but the cost is offset with my bday right around the corner.

Last edited:

My reasoning for getting the Free Chukkas was that I liked the overall look of the shoe's profile and colorway.  I didn't get the lunar chukkas because I didn't like the styling of the lunar sole, just a tad bit chunky to my liking.  I already have shoes with the lunarlon sole and free sole, so I knew what I was getting into as far as comfort.  As for price, it's definitely the most I've spent on casual shoes but the cost is offset with my bday right around the corner.
The shoes themselves should be justification enough. Still a dope pair. Grats on your first chukka.

Itching for a pair of these right now. Im seeing a few CWs for 120 shipped on ebay, is there anywhere cheaper than that? size 11 btw 

That's a totally respectable reasoning man. Hope you enjoy your pair! I actually think the Lunar sole's more streamlined and gives off a more sophisticated aesthetict than the Free.  IMO, the free gives the Chukkas a banana-like shape.  But then again, I'm a little biased seeing as I really enjoyed the original Chukkas lol.  

Price check on Midnight Fogs? And how do they run?
Not sure if you'd be able to get them for retail or less at this point, but based on the market for that particular colorway nowadays I would say $220 is fair.  I've seen some ridiculous prices on Ebay going as high as $350, though I am not sure if people are actually biting at that pricepoint.  By asking how do they run, are you referring to sizing?  I would recommend going half a size down.  My true size that fits most shoes is 8.5, but I found a size 8 to be a more perfect fit.  You would want to get as glove-like of a fit as possible when it comes to Flyknit shoes, since they contour to the shape of your foot anyways.  They aren't restrictive, so they really do fit like a sock.  I can fit an 8.5 but they feel a little bit too loosey goosey for my taste.  I like my shoes having a lockdown fit, and an 8.5 doesn't do that for me.  Hope this helps. 

Last edited:
View media item 948047
Not sure if you'd be able to get them for retail or less at this point, but based on the market for that particular colorway nowadays I would say $220 is fair.  I've seen some ridiculous prices on Ebay going as high as $350, though I am not sure if people are actually biting at that pricepoint.  By asking how do they run, are you referring to sizing?  I would recommend going half a size down.  My true size that fits most shoes is 8.5, but I found a size 8 to be a more perfect fit.  You would want to get as glove-like of a fit as possible when it comes to Flyknit shoes, since they contour to the shape of your foot anyways.  They aren't restrictive, so they really do fit like a sock.  I can fit an 8.5 but they feel a little bit too loosey goosey for my taste.  I like my shoes having a lockdown fit, and an 8.5 doesn't do that for me.  Hope this helps. 

Thanks! What are these called and how much they going for? I want either one

Last edited:
Thanks! What are these called and how much they going for? I want either one
What are what called? Haha, I was talking about the Midnight fogs in my entire post.  I own three different colorways of Chukkas (Midnight Fogs, Squadron Blues, and Neo Turqs).  The Neo Turqs are the only size 8, the other 2 are 8.5.  Naturally, the Neo Turqs are my go-to shoes for every day use since they fit so darn well. 

If you want the Midnight Fogs, I'm sure they can be had for around $220 still.  Keep your eyes peeled on Ebay.  

What are what called? Haha, I was talking about the Midnight fogs in my entire post.  I own three different colorways of Chukkas (Midnight Fogs, Squadron Blues, and Neo Turqs).  The Neo Turqs are the only size 8, the other 2 are 8.5.  Naturally, the Neo Turqs are my go-to shoes for every day use since they fit so darn well. 

If you want the Midnight Fogs, I'm sure they can be had for around $220 still.  Keep your eyes peeled on Ebay.  
My fault. Just edited that post with the pic. And thanks, repped!

My fault. Just edited that post with the pic. And thanks, repped!
Ohhh those are the Neo Turqs.  Black, White, and Neo Turquoise.  What's your size? I'll keep a look out.  I got my pair DS for $150 plus $40 shipping (came from Japan).  I saw a VNDS pair at RIF LA for $100 in an 8.5 .  

Back
Top Bottom