Flyknit Chukka Thread

Anyone got on-feet pics of the Frees in Seaweed/Gold and/or the Cinnabars? I don't know how to pull these off if I were to get them

anyone know where I can score the trophy chukkas in sz 9 for a decent price? i thought they'd eventually make it to sale on finishline, but i was mistaken.

is there a significant weight difference between the Lunar soles Vs. Free soles? all I have are the Lunar soles and they are very light and comfy.

is there a significant weight difference between the Lunar soles Vs. Free soles? all I have are the Lunar soles and they are very light and comfy.
I don't own any Free Flyknit Chukkas, but I doubt the Free soles add any weight compared to the Lunarlon. 

According to NDC the Flyknit Lunar2 weighs 9 ounces in a US Men's size 10. The Nike Free 4.0 Flyknit weighs 8.4 ounces in a US Men's size 10.

I'm not sure if that would mean Free Flyknit Chukkas are lighter than their Lunarlon counterparts, but there certainly can't be a HUGE difference in weight.

If you find the Lunar Chukkas to be light, you'll likely find the Free Chukkas to be just as light, if not lighter. 

Last edited:

I don't own any Free Flyknit Chukkas, but I doubt the Free soles add any weight compared to the Lunarlon. 

According to NDC the Flyknit Lunar2 weighs 9 ounces in a US Men's size 10. The Nike Free 4.0 Flyknit weighs 8.4 ounces in a US Men's size 10.

I'm not sure if that would mean Free Flyknit Chukkas are lighter than their Lunarlon counterparts, but there certainly can't be a HUGE difference in weight.

If you find the Lunar Chukkas to be light, you'll likely find the Free Chukkas to be just as light, if not lighter. 
if the Free Chukka's on FNL go on sale some more, I'll prolly copp a pair and see how they are. something about the Free soles. not a big fan, but then again, I'm only gonna use 'em casually and not to run in.

Last edited:
anyone know where I can score the trophy chukkas in sz 9 for a decent price? i thought they'd eventually make it to sale on finishline, but i was mistaken.
I posted this link earlier and they still have them on sale. This is probably the cheapest price you're going to find at the moment

Looking forward to adding a pair of FSBs or SFBs to the collection once they go on sale just in time for Australian winter.

Hated the Free Flyknit Chukka when it first came out but somehow I ended up with a couple of pairs, the Magista colourway is very underrated IMO.

Went on a hike over the weekend in the sloppiest of conditions... Uphill mud and rain and all that jazz. The mud really can stick to these and weigh them down. First picture got kinda cleaned off when it rained but the second picture is what they looked like 95% of the time (minus the sand). I also swapped the insoles out to a full length zoom air from a Nike Ecue (second from left in last pic). Best thing ever since I bought TTS.

View media item 1270325View media item 1270326View media item 1270327

Last edited:

Yes, but it's really quite negligible. I have all three soles now and in order of lightest to heaviest: Lunar

Last edited:
Damn this is an addiction... I've got nearly 10 pairs now. I hope this is over soon. The FSBs are the latest on the way. Next up to get is the Mineral Teal/Copper/Jade but I'm definitely waiting for a price drop.

Got the orange in my size for $63 after $10 off coupon plus tax... can't wait. Haven't tried these on or seen them much in stores but love my flyknit 1s in multiple colors. A youtube video of the orange with volt hits sold me, fingers crossed my pair looks nice!

Back
Top Bottom