=== FLYKNIT LUNAR 1+ & iD - WAVE 4 ===

Got my royal/volts in and took them out for a quick jog. I've been running in nothing but Frees for two years, so there's definitely going to be bit of a transition period.

I will say that the cushioning is insane. Plush and responsive. They're crazy light and very breathable (please, don't wear run-of-the-mill cotton socks with these.)

The biggest issue I ran into is lockdown, specifically in the heel. I wear an 11 in virtually everything, so sizing isn't the problem. It just seems that no matter how tight I tied them, my heel still slipped. Again, I've only ran once for about two miles in them, so we'll see if this problem persists.

All in all, it's a great shoe (especially since I only paid $108 :tongue: )

^ Can I ask where you got them for $108?

As a novice runner who's put 20+miles in these, I can say these are a pleasure to wear. For people who plan on wearing these in cooler weather/climates, wear thicker socks because your feet will get cold.

I'd recommend trying these on in person as they fit a little on the small size for me.

As a novice runner who's put 20+miles in these, I can say these are a pleasure to wear. For people who plan on wearing these in cooler weather/climates, wear thicker socks because your feet will get cold.

I'd recommend trying these on in person as they fit a little on the small size for me.
It was probably during the sports authority BOGO...The cheapest place I have seen them is Roadrunnersports.com

I picked them up on clearance at NDC, with a 15% off coupon I had lying around. Just kind of lucked out.

Quick question... why do you guys still run in inferior Nikes?

huhh?? I'm assuming your a somewhat serious runner? most of the guys here are (inferring) casual runners not serious runners (exceptions though...). I don't think most of them run in newtons, brooks,etc...

Last edited:
huhh?? I'm assuming your a somewhat serious runner? most of the guys here are (inferring) casual runners not serious runners (exceptions though...). I don't think most of them run in newtons, brooks,etc...

I'm a casual runner 6'3 205 and I just can't do Nikes. Other brands like Newton, Brooks, Asics etc are just all-around much better and you can get them at decent prices. Idk.. I just can't switch back.

For the record there are some good Nike runners - Vomero, Structure, Pegasus but thats about it.

I just suggest trying something new, you guys won't regret it.

I'm a casual runner 6'3 205 and I just can't do Nikes. Other brands like Newton, Brooks, Asics etc are just all-around much better and you can get them at decent prices. Idk.. I just can't switch back.

For the record there are some good Nike runners - Vomero, Structure, Pegasus but thats about it.

Nope. I'm sticking to the Swoosh. Thank you very much. :tongue:

6'3 205 and you're a runner? With that weight you might need extra cushioning in your running shoes or maybe log some more miles to get that weight down cause you're either overweight (bmi) or extremely muscular which can still add pressure when you run some distance.

contemplating on getting the grey-white-black trainer 1s... can't pull the trigger because of price. what do you think?
I find myself getting Kobe 8s instead. Can anyone sway me? I know little about these shoes.

^The Flyknits are more comfortable, lighter, and better ventilated than the Kobes IMO. Can't go wrong with them at all if you want a shoe for casual wear that you can rock anytime.

with all the colors, it's hard to decide. am I being too subtle with the grey pair? am I missing out on the electric greens or volts.
sorry about the noob questions. This shoe is just baffling. HAHA

really leaning towards the clean grey pair but the flash of the electric green is getting me.

I've had my flyknits for a couple weeks now and love them.
I get compliments all the time.
You know that Nike plus sensor cavity?
My only complaint is that it presses into my left arch area causing slight discomfort (This is without a nike+ sensor in it)
Anyone else have this issue?
I've tried on my friends pair who wears the same size and I didn't feel the sensor cavity at all.
Either way flyknits are awesome I just hope they come down in price after a while.

I actually like posts like this. He didn't come off as a d*** to me like a lot of people do. Personally i don't put in any more then 5 miles at a time in any runners. I rotate my flyknit 1s and free run 2s and free run 3.0s and flyknit trainers as my runners. But if i go more then 3 miles i use my flyknit 1s because the cushioning helps. I have only tried some asics runners before and they were just too stiff for me (not to mention ugly). I guess being an avid nike Free wearer for workouts and runs prior to my newly found flyknit obsession leads me to be partial to a more flexible shoe.

If i were training for a marathon or something id consider looking into a stiffer shoe so my feet didn't have to work as hard. But for everything i need the flyknit serves its purpose. Versatile, comfortable, great looking (can wear with pants and shorts outside of the gym...would never do that with my old asics) and form fitting. I honestly like my flyknit trainers better then my lunars only because the fit is better. My trainers feel like a second skin on my foot. But i am in love with the upper and think its a great innovation.

Back
Top Bottom