=== FLYKNIT LUNAR 1+ & iD - WAVE 4 ===

How would I got about painting the midsole on my mc lunars guys ? And the fabric ? Any tips ?
Not really sure but since I'll have a few mc L1's, I think I'm gonna attempt to paint the midsoles all white like the pic below. :smile:

IG

How would I got about painting the midsole on my mc lunars guys ? And the fabric ? Any tips ?
Not really sure but since I'll have a few mc L1's, I think I'm gonna attempt to paint the midsoles all white like the pic below. :smile:
I'm gonna be doing the same thing to my sample MCs this weekend. The thing that worries me is this though:

The parts I have circled are gonna be in constant contact with the ground so I imagine that paint will start to chip after a few wears. I was thinking of just stripping and repainting the grey part but the paint wouldn't match up. The original paint has sort of a glittery shine to it while the new paint will just be plain white. Regardless, I'll post my results here after painting them.

Check here for a little writeup on how to paint Flyknit material:
http://niketalk.com/t/333957/offici...2014-fits-true-to-size/18480_20#post_20048603

Here's a pic of my Lunar MCs with the grey parts on the collar and heel pull tab painted black. Only 1 shoe done so far. (click to enlarge):

And I've never actually repainted a midsole but these videos have been pretty informative for me:

Last edited:
No prob. It's crazy how much better they look with just a solid white midsole. I wish Nike would've made em like that in the first place :lol: .

or at least offered it not just HTM. those blue HTM and the mc HTM's are fire.
Yeah Nike shafted us. Saved the best midsole and the better weave patterns for all of the super limited HTM releases. Those blue/green multi HTMs are my favorite Flyknits ever. Wish they could be had for a reasonable price.

Saved this pic of these samples (check out their soles :smokin) from a while back. If I recall correctly, they were a size 10, and the eBay seller was asking for $110 shipped?

Last edited:
I'm gonna be doing the same thing to my sample MCs this weekend. The thing that worries me is this though:

The parts I have circled are gonna be in constant contact with the ground so I imagine that paint will start to chip after a few wears. I was thinking of just stripping and repainting the grey part but the paint wouldn't match up. The original paint has sort of a glittery shine to it while the new paint will just be plain white. Regardless, I'll post my results here after painting them.
Check here for a little writeup on how to paint Flyknit material:
http://niketalk.com/t/333957/offici...2014-fits-true-to-size/18480_20#post_20048603

Here's a pic of my Lunar MCs with the grey parts on the collar and heel pull tab painted black. Only 1 shoe done so far. (click to enlarge):

And I've never actually repainted a midsole but these videos have been pretty informative for me:

Are yours samples? Because the flyknit weave looks like how the lunar MCs were supposed to look initially.

Saved this pic of these samples (check out their soles :smokin) from a while back. If I recall correctly, they were a size 10, and the eBay seller was asking for $110 shipped?

Those are awesome :pimp:. Another auction for a pair of samples with the Lunaracer sole ended the other day. I was gonna bid on em but I wasn't that big a fan of the colorway. Here's a link/pic:

It really sucks that Nike didn't release any of these to the public.

Are yours samples? Because the flyknit weave looks like how the lunar MCs were supposed to look initially.
Yeah they're samples. I posted some pics when I first got them a few pages back. I'll post some more when I'm finished customizing them.

Last edited:
Those are awesome :pimp:. Another auction for a pair of samples with the Lunaracer sole ended the other day. I was gonna bid on em but I wasn't that big a fan of the colorway. Here's a link/pic:

It really sucks that Nike didn't release any of these to the public.
Yeah they're samples. I posted some pics when I first got them a few pages back. I'll post some more when I'm finished customizing them.

very nice... i was so excited about the flyknit lunar MCs and then when the production pair came out i was pretty let down.

^ Yeah I don't understand why Nike decided to go with the inferior weave pattern on the retail version. The random, long strand weave is so much nicer in every aspect. It's like the retail version's knit is actually one multicolored strand, whereas the sample uses several different colored knits to form the upper. If that makes any sense :lol:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom