=== FLYKNIT LUNAR 1+ & iD - WAVE 4 ===

I promised some pics but for whatever unknown reason I can only upload 1 from NT Mobile currently soooooo...

I'm thinking I'll only keep the blue glows after seeing the purple/volts in person finally, the purple is not dark enough for me like I wanted.

Think I'll just grab the wave 2 volts & check out the atomic purple & wolf grey pairs. Also considering the atomic turquoise/volt trainers, wouldn't mind those haha!

As far as wave 1 goes though my mission is close to finished until the royal/volt pair is found on a nice discount & also the grey/turquoise if I don't get the wolf grey.
And the dolphins color if a 11.5 appears eventually.

Edit: after seeing all the colors besides 2 in person(red/chlorine women's & teal/orange women's) I thought it would be fun to rank the colors. This is based on overall appeal to me more than what I would wear personally.

1. Grey/Turquoise men's
2. Blue glow men's
3. Pink flash/black men's
4. Chlorine blue/crimson women's
5. Purple/crimson women's
6. Royal/volt men's
7. Grey/pink flash women's
8. Turquoise/pink men's
9. Purple/volt men's
10. Sequoia men's
11. Pink flash/volt women's
12. Electric yellow women's
13. Red-Orange/royal men's
14. Fireberry/grey women's
15. Grey/black/white women's

I didn't rank the 2 colors I haven't seen in person & I tried to keep it as gender-neutral as possible. A lot are like pulling hairs to separate(3-5 could all go in any order really, 6-8 can really be in any order) but 1-2 are set & the worst is actually that women's grey/black pair because as much as I wanna like those the look...generic & like they did too much with basic/neutral colors. Could've been better.

Biggest surprise: Purple/Crimson women's & pink flash men's. I'd be keeping the purple/crimsons if they didn't have a feminine feel to them IMO, just not for me. Same with the pink flash men's, not so much of a feminine feel but I just can't pull the trigger on pink shoes yet.

Biggest disappointment: electric yellow women's & red-orange/royal blue men's. the yellow pair was in my pre-release top 4, they're like the FSU of flyknits though. The more I saw the less I liked, from the pure bright yellow look to the green shade used around the collar, just a disappointment. Red-orange pair would've been much better if it were team orange/total orange instead of having red woven in, but oh well.

Most likely to fail sales-wise: Fireberry/grey women's & turquoise/pink men's. Fireberry women's pair is like the awkward step-sister pair IMO, they wanna reserve the color pop but the Fireberry base isn't exactly a subtle shoe. Both pairs aren't horrible & had a reason justified for release so I get it, I expect to see those around the longest & most discounted from wave 1 though. I can see girls picking up one of the pink/volts for a color pop or grey/pink for subtle pop, these fireberrys are just kinda...there. The turquoise/pinks are a somewhat loud shoe(relative to the others) but there's other colors that fill their same need that are in a more conservative color scheme. Who knows though I may be wrong.

Hardest pair to find down the line: purple/crimson women's & royal/volt men's. both are hot & I believe people that buy them will want them to use & keep rather than wear & sell. Once they disappear they'll be gone for good.

Just my .02

Last edited:
Royal volt and gray turqouis were all at my local sports authorithy last week FSR.. for $138 out the door, with the 20% off discount.

I returned the gray and turqouis pair i bought because the it wasnt as comfortable and nice as the trainers imho... albeit it is really nice in person, the turqouis just pops.

The 20% came and gone few weeks ago, twice. I'm sure they'll have it again later, hopefully when wave 2 drops.

My finishline had first wave of colors minus the one I wanted to see...Pink Flash...I went up to ask the cute worker for Pink flash, wonder what she thought I was really asking for...:nerd::tongue:

NTLA hooked it up. repped to wada7!
If you're having something shipped, perhaps mention you found it through NikeFind or whatever they do at NTs to locate product.  Guy on the phone gave me free shipping on 2 pair after he told me about it...

He's like... "Did you use NikeFind?  If you do you get free shipping... you used NikeFind, right?"
Me...   " Yes thank you for reminding me that I didi use NikeFind."
nikefind is only for nike employees?

Flyknit threads are for sharing info and commenting on the shoes.

Let's keep it positive in here. There are enough threads with negative comments.

Flyknit threads are for sharing info and commenting on the shoes.

Let's keep it positive in here. There are enough threads with negative comments.

Agreed! This entire thread has been "people helping people".... Cop a sick shoe. Keep it that way!

Why not just say "eBay"- four-letter word.
Because "the bay" (7 key strokes) gets you more typing practice than "ebay".

I always find it funny when the short form for something is in fact longer.

But keeping it flyknitty, has anyone tried the footlocker bday coupon in-store on these?

Last edited:
Guys, need help with a question on the FK Lunar blue glows.  Was this a more limited colorway than the others from wave 1 of the FKL releases?  It's really the only colorway that interested me from wave 1, and I can't find it anywhere. 

Guys, need help with a question on the FK Lunar blue glows.  Was this a more limited colorway than the others from wave 1 of the FKL releases?  It's really the only colorway that interested me from wave 1, and I can't find it anywhere. 

sure seemed like it at first, there's been talk of the blue glow pair being changed to a wave 2 pair which would explain why they only showed up at a couple NTs out of everywhere in the US. If you want them and find a pair at retail I would jump on it but there's a chance they arrive later this month so keep your fingers crossed.

sure seemed like it at first, there's been talk of the blue glow pair being changed to a wave 2 pair which would explain why they only showed up at a couple NTs out of everywhere in the US. If you want them and find a pair at retail I would jump on it but there's a chance they arrive later this month so keep your fingers crossed.

Hopefully that's the case with the atomic teal/orange "dolphin" pair.

Spotted Dolphins at DlCK's Sporting Goods in Algonquin, IL. Also had gray/turquoise, orange/blue, and blue/volt in men's sizes. You may want to check out your local store if your in the need of some Dolphins.

Last edited:

Not my pic. Saw this on a google search. via CrookedTongues.

I call these the "Sprite Lites" or "Diet Sprites":lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom