=== FLYKNIT LUNAR 1+ & iD - WAVE 4 ===

My 2¢ on the sizing.

I'm normally a US10-10.5, but for these I went with a US11.  Lengthwise, I thought a US10.5 was ok for me, but they did run a bit snug around the toebox, especially at the sides. As I have a wideish foot, I went with a US11.  The lady at the shop (a running-shoe-specific shop) said that most of her customers sized up. 

I had the same exact experience. I wear a 10 for almost every running sneaker - AM1, AM90, AM95, AM97, and a 9.5 for some Jordans (12s, 13s, 14s, 18, 19,20,21,22) bc they're wider. A 10 was snug and arguably fit perfectly, but i wear orthotics when I run now and didn't want the sides to be tight, so I went for a 10.5. I haven't ran in these yet, but I am worried about stretching like some have mentioned so I'm still not sure if it's 100% wise to go a half a size up. Worst case I guess I just use these casually, but I guess the only advice for anyone buying right now that I could give is that if you go a half a size up, they'll still be very comfortable for casual wear. If you go with the same size as any air max you wear, they'll fit length wise, but may be snug width wise. however, they might stretch with the lower size and fit perfectly so it's still up in the air for me what's the right size until people start running with them and see if they stretch. The other issue I see with these is that given they're fabric, will they shrink when wet? I'm probably going to try to avoid getting these wet altogether....

either way, the lunar1s are probably the most comfortable running sneaker i've ever had, just wish i could have more clarity on the sizing. My plan is to run in these and see what size is ideal for a 2nd pair, and use these casually worst case. It's an expensive plan but I really love these shoes.

Copped mine at the Nike running store on 5th Ave NY......So comfy.
pimp.gif

I went TTS with my 10.  I probably won't run in them, though.  I don't do a heck of a lot of running anymore.

I had the same exact experience. I wear a 10 for almost every running sneaker - AM1, AM90, AM95, AM97, and a 9.5 for some Jordans (12s, 13s, 14s, 18, 19,20,21,22) bc they're wider. A 10 was snug and arguably fit perfectly, but i wear orthotics when I run now and didn't want the sides to be tight, so I went for a 10.5. I haven't ran in these yet, but I am worried about stretching like some have mentioned so I'm still not sure if it's 100% wise to go a half a size up. Worst case I guess I just use these casually, but I guess the only advice for anyone buying right now that I could give is that if you go a half a size up, they'll still be very comfortable for casual wear. If you go with the same size as any air max you wear, they'll fit length wise, but may be snug width wise. however, they might stretch with the lower size and fit perfectly so it's still up in the air for me what's the right size until people start running with them and see if they stretch. The other issue I see with these is that given they're fabric, will they shrink when wet? I'm probably going to try to avoid getting these wet altogether....

either way, the lunar1s are probably the most comfortable running sneaker i've ever had, just wish i could have more clarity on the sizing. My plan is to run in these and see what size is ideal for a 2nd pair, and use these casually worst case. It's an expensive plan but I really love these shoes.

That's the one thing I keep thinking about with my trainers, I seriously believe mine shrunk toward the end of my time with them, I just didn't keep them because of other issues. Anyone have more input regarding this? I could've been imagining things but it's worth checking out at least.

My opinion on sizing? 

If you are going to buy to run in, get them tts. 

If you are going to wear them casually, get a .5 size up

Dear Ray and others- thank you for the most refreshing thread on NT!

New a/c as old one somehow lost- but long time lurker/rare poster.

Re: Sizing- tts for mine and i have a wide foot- remember that the knit will stretch and is meant to 'hug' your foot.

Bring on wave 2!

Good info on sizing guys. About time a thread actually shared some opinions that help customers.

I have trainers in a 10.5 and an 11. My size 11 i can wear casually but my 10.5 fits perfectly. I have lunar 1's in an 11 and they fit good but could be a little more snug. I am tempted to order a 10.5 when the round 2 colorways drop.

My trainers i thought would be too tight in the 10,5 but when i laced them up and got some miles on them the flyknit material seemed to stretch to mold to my foot. Honestly its what makes me love the shoe so much. Those things feel like an extension of my foot. Nice and tight perfect fit.

I've only logged about 4 miles on my lunars and since i normally run in free's and my flyknit trainers these kind of felt strange on my knee. I am normally a forefoot runner and these kind of make me strike more with my midfoot it seems. So i noticed...would say pain...but just a different muscle in my knee being worked more i guess. I figure il get used to it.

Dear Ray and others- thank you for the most refreshing thread on NT!
New a/c as old one somehow lost- but long time lurker/rare poster.

Re: Sizing- tts for mine and i have a wide foot- remember that the knit will stretch and is meant to 'hug' your foot.

Bring on wave 2!

We all made some good contributions!

Looks like FTL dropped the WMNs cws from discount exclusions! :nthat:

Last edited:

Here is my pair. I don't know how I feel about them just yet, too snowy in Michigan to wear around for a day or anything (got them for casual use). I feel like I like the engineered mesh feel of the LunarGlides a little more (and way less expensive). Still want the electric greens as well so if I can catch them on a good sale I will cop

Any ftl coupons?

$25 off $100+ = CPFL3BA4

Here is my pair. I don't know how I feel about them just yet, too snowy in Michigan to wear around for a day or anything (got them for casual use). I feel like I like the engineered mesh feel of the LunarGlides a little more (and way less expensive). Still want the electric greens as well so if I can catch them on a good sale I will cop

Agreed. The FR2s and LG4s feel better, but I still love the F1s.

Last edited:
wore the pink flashes out on saturday, and got beer spilled all over them within 5 minutes

for people that have washed these, can you just throw them in a pillowcase and wash them on a gentle cycle? or is it better to handwash these

wore the pink flashes out on saturday, and got beer spilled all over them within 5 minutes

for people that have washed these, can you just throw them in a pillowcase and wash them on a gentle cycle? or is it better to handwash these
The flyknit is made of polyester so shrinkage isn't an issue. I'm sure you can get away with washing it without the pillowcase if you choose to.

I washed my flyknit trainers in a pillowcase and came out fine (and clean), just take the laces and insoles out obviously.

these showed up today and I had to wear them:

as far as sizing, I can wear a 10.5 in roshes and some jordans but need an 11 in am1 and am90. Got these in 10.5 and fit perfect

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom