FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Un-DS

74602BB3-CEFF-4A0C-8637-01F5E90047FF.jpeg
Man I wish I would have jumped on those... DAMN! Anybody have a size 12 they want to unload pm me!

Last edited:
I can assume Penny's shoe hookup with Nike wasn't prominent after he left the Magic was due to his popularity and relevancy as a star declining unfortunately. So that makes sense why Nike didn't assign him a signature shoe after that. He became a permanent walking injury once he went to the Suns, he just had paper knees, and by that I mean his knees were shot and constantly damaged.

The sad part about Penny's career was that his trajectory seemed Hall Of Fame bound when he started great with the Magic. He was even compared to Magic Johnson & Michael Jordan! Another element of his downfall was his lack of dominance in the playoffs in addition to his injuries. He never seemed the same in the playoffs after 1996 when his Magic got swept by the Bulls & Jordan in the Eastern Conference Finals. At least older generation fans can still recall witnessing the zenith of his career during the '90s. I'll definitely remember the peak of his popularity. The small salvation about his career is that the younger generation of fans have heard a lot about him.

Thanks for elaborating that the Penny 1 wasn't good for playing ball. I wouldn't know because I don't play ball, the Nike & Jordan sneaks I have are basically flamboyant walking shoes that I coordinate with specific attire honestly. But I actually used the Penny 1 that was rehashed in Knicks colors in 2005 as beater shoes when I exercised in the neighborhood rec center before we had to live a shutdown life for months now. They were just worn out due to age so I might as well run them down like that.

You must be young. Penny was cooking the Heat in the playoffs once they faced elimination and moved him to shooting guard.

Last edited:
You must be young. Penny was cooking the Heat in the playoffs once they faced elimination and moved him to shooting guard.

Man, if Penny would have scored over 40 again in game 5 of that 1st round series, the Magic would have advanced and faced the Knicks and if Penny would have continued like he did, everything would have been possible and the Foamposites would have been cemented even stronger in the Nike Basketball legacy!

Penny did revive his career in his first season with the Suns a little bit, since he was pretty good in the playoffs up until game 4 against the Lakers, when the cortison shots in his knee were not as effective as before, remember game 1 against the Spurs when he reinjured his knee! If that would have not happened, then Penny could have extended the series against the Lakers to 6 or even 7 games! He even wore the Penny IV Suns PE/ Champs Sports release for all Lakers road games.

Remember that Penny had the coolest PE's after his signature series ended! Just to name a few: Flightposite I Magic and Suns PE, Nike Air Zoom Adrenaline PE and so on. I still believe that the Flightposite I, II and III would have been the Air Penny V, VI and VII in some way.

I'm old enough to remember Penny. I was a really big fan of his when he was with the Magic. Yes he was still good until he left them, but wasn't the same honestly after Shaq left compounded with injuries which worsened when he went to the Suns. As much as I liked him, I have to be honest too.

I still feel he had a Hall Of Fame trajectory if he never got injured regardless of him playing with Shaq or not.

Man, if Penny would have scored over 40 again in game 5 of that 1st round series, the Magic would have advanced and faced the Knicks and if Penny would have continued like he did, everything would have been possible and the Foamposites would have been cemented even stronger in the Nike Basketball legacy!

Penny did revive his career in his first season with the Suns a little bit, since he was pretty good in the playoffs up until game 4 against the Lakers, when the cortison shots in his knee were not as effective as before, remember game 1 against the Spurs when he reinjured his knee! If that would have not happened, then Penny could have extended the series against the Lakers to 6 or even 7 games! He even wore the Penny IV Suns PE/ Champs Sports release for all Lakers road games.

Remember that Penny had the coolest PE's after his signature series ended! Just to name a few: Flightposite I Magic and Suns PE, Nike Air Zoom Adrenaline PE and so on. I still believe that the Flightposite I, II and III would have been the Air Penny V, VI and VII in some way.

Foamposite has been cemented in sneaker history period. It'll endure forever especially with older generation fans. Its prominence is permanently safe.

I only remember a majority of Penny's stint with the Suns as a suit player, as in always sidelined with injuries wearing a suit, unfortunately. It's hard for me to recall him in uniform active on court on that team. He was labeled as stealing money by then because he was paid a boatload just to sit. I also stopped being his fan because he went to the Suns and I hate them as a Lakers fan due to default division rivalry.

Thanks for clarifying the sneaks he wore after Nike discontinued his signature line. I still wouldn't have worn them if he had signature shoes with the Suns because I hate them and their colors and motifs. I'm still glad to see his signature shoes with the Magic are still identifiable.

I'm old enough to remember Penny. I was a really big fan of his when he was with the Magic. Yes he was still good until he left them, but wasn't the same honestly after Shaq left compounded with injuries which worsened when he went to the Suns. As much as I liked him, I have to be honest too.

I still feel he had a Hall Of Fame trajectory if he never got injured regardless of him playing with Shaq or not.

Foamposite has been cemented in sneaker history period. It'll endure forever especially with older generation fans. Its prominence is permanently safe.

I only remember a majority of Penny's stint with the Suns as a suit player, as in always sidelined with injuries wearing a suit, unfortunately. It's hard for me to recall him in uniform active on court on that team. He was labeled as stealing money by then because he was paid a boatload just to sit. I also stopped being his fan because he went to the Suns and I hate them as a Lakers fan due to default division rivalry.

Thanks for clarifying the sneaks he wore after Nike discontinued his signature line. I still wouldn't have worn them if he had signature shoes with the Suns because I hate them and their colors and motifs. I'm still glad to see his signature shoes with the Magic are still identifiable.

I am a Suns fan and loved the trade obviously! Was just sad to see his demise from the 00 - 01 season onwards. Penny fan for life, did not matter what happened to him injury wise! He is probably one of the most popular player, despite enduring all these injuries!

I am a Suns fan and loved the trade obviously! Was just sad to see his demise from the 00 - 01 season onwards. Penny fan for life, did not matter what happened to him injury wise! He is probably one of the most popular player, despite enduring all these injuries!

The funny thing is Penny mentioned he was going to sign with the Lakers but Jason Kidd recruited him to the Suns in between. What sold Penny on them was that Kidd who plays golf a lot showed that Arizona had lots of golf courses since he played golf a lot too. Jerry West wasn't comfortable with the amount the Lakers were going to offer Penny at the time. So things worked out for the Lakers with Penny going to the Suns in a sad twist of fate.

As much as I liked Penny, I actually wasn't anticipating him going to the Lakers because I saw the injury signs already before they worsened. I would have been OK with him on the team if he came cheap, but that wasn't the case.

Don't worry, Penny will always be immortalized in the memories of older generation fans. People including myself will remain fans of his. People still remember his big house with a bowling alley in it on MTV Cribs! I agree with my good friend that he had the best house ever on that show. It was the polar opposite of Redman's ghetto interior house. 😆

Looks like those things are been poppin up at Marshalls stores like crazy.

Before it was just smaller sizes, but now I am seeing IG post of dudes buying full size runs.

WTH are those?
It is a tennis shoe. Nike Court was doing some mash-ups with basketball and Vapors (a tennis shoe). They did a Kyrie shoe and were planning this Foamposite model.

There was official Nike pics and everything. Then it never released.

Smaller sizes started popping up at Marshalls months ago, now it seems larger sizes are showing up now.

Last edited:

I think Flightposite I's were supposed to be Kobe's shoe but he went with Adidas at the time.

Yea at $70 cant pass em up. They've been showing up at Marshalls for about two weeks now, They're drying up tho. One of my boys grabbed 18 pairs :lol:
Yeah I sent my girl out hunting for them. And two of the Marshalls in town she showed up in time to see dudes clearing out the section.

Dudes buying out the store. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom