FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
This topic been discussed a million times

Yes, there were people in NYC were wearing Foams in the 90s.

But in sneaker culture the popularity of the Foams has mainly been tied to the DC/DMV area (Baltimore too).

I clearly asked everyone to stick to the Topic at hand which was my Original post. I asked “Which generation/Era of foams were your favorite” and as always it has to be that one person that go left field and not answer the question and just start bring up some stuff that had nothing to do with the question! Why do y’all keep bringing up that lame debate anyway?? It’s like their brains are programmed to disagree & say something negative in these threads.

Last edited:
Apparently I missed something.. Must be the comprehension. I don't care who made it popular almost 30 years ago. I'm just excited to see Foams coming back and hopefully we get some better releases than before they took a break..
ipad_nike-air-foamposite-one-penny-pe-0.jpeg
1676390605946.jpeg

I never heard of Foam popularity being tied to DMV before 🤔 . I'm from Brooklyn though, so I'm probably just unaware. I remember Goadome's being tied to DMV if anything.

It would make sense that all the Foams were in DMV though because I didn't see any in NYC.

That $180 price tag hit different back then.

Had to watch from afar until I got a part time.
I was in 6th grade when the royal foams dropped in ‘97. My mom wasn’t having it at first because of the $180 price tag. Was in need of shoes for back to school because I moved up to the next size. She knew was a huge Penny fan (had the life size Penny cut-out/standee, as well as, the lil penny figures) and gave it the ok. It was too late. Size was sold out everywhere in Houston, at Eastbay (when you had to call the number with the style number to place the order lol), and even seasrched everywhere in San Antonio when we were on vacation the week before school started. Was devastated lol.

I was in 4th grade myself, and although mom duke SAID she wasn't paying $180 for shoes, I knew it was because she didn't like them because she wouldn't let anyone buy them for me or give me a way to earn it. It was clear when come summer '98, she got me the voltage foam pros for $170. Later on, I got the '07 royals, and when I showed them to her, she shook her head and called them clown shoes :lol:

Start of 5th grade fall '97, there was a new kid at school that had them, I was like :wow:, we went to school through HS graduation, and we were playing on the same team in a league in 2017 when they dropped again. He's not into sneakers at all, but I told him they were dropping again, and he copped and used them for the league games :smokin

Last edited:
I’m old af and was in college when foams dropped.
My weak *** paychecks from my part time job didn’t do anything. Started selling the green stuff, used that extra cash to cop dunks, Js and a bunch of other stuff. Didn’t cop foams til much later

I was in 4th grade myself, and although mom duke SAID she wasn't paying $180 for shoes, I knew it was because she didn't like them because she wouldn't let anyone buy them for me or give me a way to earn it. It was clear when come summer '98, she got me the voltage foam pros for $170. Later on, I got the '07 royals, and when I showed them to her, she shook her head and called them clown shoes :lol:

Start of 5th grade fall '97, there was a new kid at school that had them, I was like :wow:, we went to school through HS graduation, and we were playing on the same team in a league in 2017 when they dropped again. He's not into sneakers at all, but I told him they were dropping again, and he copped and used them for the league games :smokin
Funny, In retrospect, they were probably the ugliest shoe ever made at the time. Especially at $180 in 1997. I can imagine how hard it must’ve been for a boomer parent to fork over $180 to buy their kid the ugliest shoe they’ve ever seen.

Yo that blue on the OG neons were like wow.

I had to have them, but my bread wasn't right for them and had no way to attain them.

I had two friends who had them and both of them dogged them out but back then nobody was really on the collecting tip like that like that around my way.

I still remember when I first saw them I was like I had to have them, but had to wait until 07.

Yo that blue on the OG neons were like wow.

I had to have them, but my bread wasn't right for them and had no way to attain them.

I had two friends who had them and both of them dogged them out but back then nobody was really on the collecting tip like that like that around my way.

I still remember when I first saw them I was like I had to have them, but had to wait until 07.
Me too! 07 I got the Royal Foams, Godzilla CB34’s and cool grey Jordan 3’s😎

man i was like 10yo when the foams dropped in 97. had seen some of the older cats around the way with them but never saw them in stores. i remember i think in 99 when the Flightposite 1s dropped in that gold/green and eggplant i BEGGED my moms to cop me a pair when we saw them at the mall looking for school shoes for the year. the price tag was one hurdle i had to convince her on but her main defense was she thought they were fugly and till this day calls them moon boots. i was getting kicks already by this time but theyre what made me start doing little hustles like packing bags at the supermarket to fund my own shoes. by the time i had scraped up enough cash packing bags they were gone but i was able to get the gold/green pair off a homie a couple years later.

Back
Top Bottom