FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
20210429_064227~2.jpg
20210429_064249~2.jpg
20210429_064323~2.jpg

2010 I believe. If I remember correctly the first Eggplants were the last of the Taiwan run and that came out in 2009.

There is a comparison between the OGs, 2007 (Taiwan), 2011 (China)

However, the first couple of releases from China were not that bad. The first Coppers, Stealth's, and Galaxies were made in China.

But they seemed to get worse a couple of years later. More banana-shaped.

2012* the pine greens were the first to use the new mold for the pros. The new ones came a bit later.

The molds for the first China releases you are referring to are different than what they using today. That run lasted 2009 to 2012. One could argue it was the same molds but the factories changed from Taiwan to China.. so some differences with their being less or more foam, and minor differences were noted.

What people didn't understand is foams were super expensive to produce. Each mold cost 250K. One mold for each size... also very complicated to produce since the shoes begin as a liquid state and stored upside down until the foam hardens... (again hence the difference between Taiwan made versus China ) .

I think they destroyed or preserved the molds when they found a way to cut costs around 2012 time, and designed new molds.. and eventually pushed out GS and kid sizes as well along with it.

Once they had cost cut molds. They started mass producing foams like nobodies business. We were lucky to see 2 or 3 foams for the entire year with the expensive molds. And if you wear an older foam. 2009 taiwan made or 2011 China made, they feel and fit the same (although China pairs had crazy flaws and asthethic differences) and are vastly different than the new/current molds. The new foams don't even feel like foams anymore. The only pair of new foams I've bought and kept and truely feel and look like the old molds are the Zen Grey Pros. The old foams were crazy comfortable, and got even more comfortable the more you wore them, as they molded to your foot. The new foams feel like I'm walking on wood. Even after break in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom