FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
An in-hand video for this one.

The material change on the upper is already bad enough for me. But for some reason this year's version seems to have a cheap bright spray paint look with the red, whereas the red on the original version seemed to have more of a matte-type finish to it.

I think it’s just the lighting/angle because the finish on the 2017 looks similar from what I’ve seen of some clips.
CEBB0D8E-091C-4ECF-BCE0-999FC6088EEF.jpeg

Last edited:
An in-hand video for this one.

The material change on the upper is already bad enough for me. But for some reason this year's version seems to have a cheap bright spray paint look with the red, whereas the red on the original version seemed to have more of a matte-type finish to it.

Which original ones? Both the 2012 and 2017 Metallic reds have this same finish. Only difference is this new release has leather on the upper.

Which original ones? Both the 2012 and 2017 Metallic reds have this same finish. Only difference is this new release has leather on the upper.
No, the finish on the red is very different between the 2012 and the 2017. He spoke about the 2012. The new one is more like the 2017 finish, but for what’ve seen on the 2023, the 2017 is more like a cherry/bloody red.

I think it’s just the lighting/angle because the finish on the 2017 looks similar from what I’ve seen of some clips.
CEBB0D8E-091C-4ECF-BCE0-999FC6088EEF.jpeg

No, the finish on the red is very different between the 2012 and the 2017. He spoke about the 2012. The new one is more like the 2017 finish, but for what’ve seen on the 2023, the 2017 is more like a cherry/bloody red.

I'm glad y'all pointed all that out.

Perhaps it's the lighting/angle because it can make it look different than the real thing.

I vaguely recall the 2012 & 2017 versions despite never owning either one.

I want to thank stunna mane stunna mane for pointing out that I was using the 2012 version as the contrast with the 2023 version despite not realizing it myself.

I recognized one of the previous versions had a somewhat lighter shade of red, whereas the 2023 definitely has a brighter red.

It's too bad the 2023 deviated from the 2012 version because it makes them look like some fake shoes.

So question to stock X fellas in here. I put a bid on some DS 97 Royals for $250 and shockingly it got accepted. So my question is are they pretty good about inspecting? I’m not worried about them being fake as that’s obvious but if there’s Nubuck chipped/box damage they won’t accept them right? I’ve bought off there before but never kicks

So question to stock X fellas in here. I put a bid on some DS 97 Royals for $250 and shockingly it got accepted. So my question is are they pretty good about inspecting? I’m not worried about them being fake as that’s obvious but if there’s Nubuck chipped/box damage they won’t accept them right? I’ve bought off there before but never kicks
I dunno about the box, but if anything is damaged on the shoe they are getting rejected

I sold a legit pair of Orlando Penny 2s, and they failed certification because the level of aging on one shoe didn't match the other. Basically, one air united looked slightly cloudier than the other

So they might be bad at catching fakes, but anything visibly off about the shoe they will fail them

I dunno about the box, but if anything is damaged on the shoe they are getting rejected

I sold a legit pair of Orlando Penny 2s, and they failed certification because the level of aging on one shoe didn't match the other. Basically, one air united looked slightly cloudier than the other

So they might be bad at catching fakes, but anything visibly off about the shoe they will fail them

Phew! Yeah I’m not too worried about the box condition honestly for how old they are. Was more worried I’d get some chipped up nubuck, that’s about my biggest pet peeve when buying older foams since there’s no good fix for it besides dying it :smh:. Still couldn’t believe the offer was accepted but then again foam prices have stayed low :pimp:

Yep. They bounced my buddy's green Off White AF1's because the foam liner colors didn't match, and they came straight from Nike that way.

That’s the main reason I follow this thread. In hopes of an update.
They’re not dropping anytime soon so don’t worry yourself about them, there will be plenty of ‘posites over the next few years to keep you occupied.

Anyway, my pair landed. I’ll do my best to get over the changes they made, but they’re nice overall. The white foam has a cracked texture in it that’s a nice touch.

0F02D03A-01C5-48BE-8036-3D4F1107F89D.jpeg

Is it texture or just poor QC in/on the foam finish?
I’ll just wait for anthracites come year end unless Nike sneaks in another foam color asides from tue reds

Is it texture or just poor QC in/on the foam finish?
I’ll just wait for anthracites come year end unless Nike sneaks in another foam color asides from tue reds
My guess is poor paint/application. It’s only noticeable up close. I’m just hoping it doesn’t continue to crack over time.

Got my white pair in today from SNKRS.

Holy hell. The smell of acetone almost knocked me out. The paint job on these is absolutely awful and the leather eyestay is rock hard.

Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but these are going back. Honestly I wouldn't pay $100 for them. There is nothing "Penny PE" about them aside from the Foam being white and the eyestay being black.

I want a pair bad now but have to take my chances down the road. Gotta pair of Orlando’s in a 9.5 to work with tho

Damn, these and the red foamposites that are supposed to come out soon are both mad underwhelming, only pair I look forward to is the anthracite/all black foamposites.

Back
Top Bottom