FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Glad I saw those comparison shots. I’ve never had a poor and was gonna get the EPs, but hell naw. **** ruined it for me.

I stopped messing with any foam after 2007. The drop off in quality was just too drastic for me to justify spending money on them, no matter the colorway. In my opinion, a shoe that used to be tanks turned into shoes that hat scuffs and scrapes on the toe box that actually came off, I've never seen that personally on any foam prior to 07, I saw it too frequently on models after 09. I think it got way out of hand in 2012 when they put out the galaxies (unpopular opinion: I don't like any version of those). If you never had a foam from 2007 and prior and want to experience a pair, I ain't gonna knock it, but I know a better quality and refuse to bring myself to do it.

1997-2012 for me, I buy a few from 2012 on but only if it’s a steal. I can’t remember the last retail pair I copped

I dont remember what my 97 version looks like. But from what ive seen on the 23 one it feels similar.

Speaking of bad quality, people also forget how thin the actual foam material is compared to the Taiwan pairs too.

My first foam base shoe was the 2000-2001 Flightposite 1’s in Charcoal/red and I can tell the difference of material quality.

But, my actual first Foamposite shoe was the Royal blue pro “B” pair in 2002(it got stolen in my gym locker in 9th grade…smh. Haters) and I remember being amazed how thick the materials were and how responsive the Full Length Zoom Air was. Of course, they were made in Taiwan. I remember about two years later, I got the all black pros and those were nearly my go to shoe in 12th grade. They were so durable. Had them for almost 10 years.

The foam material feel thin and the zoom air appears to be non existent. Honestly, they’re not even comfortable anymore. It’s a shame too.

Nike-Air-Foamposite-One-Light-Orewood-Brown-FD5855-002.jpeg

Nike-Air-Foamposite-One-Light-Orewood-Brown-FD5855-002-2.jpeg

Nike-Air-Foamposite-One-Light-Orewood-Brown-FD5855-002-3.jpeg

Nike-Air-Foamposite-One-Light-Orewood-Brown-FD5855-002-5.jpeg

Nike-Air-Foamposite-One-Light-Orewood-Brown-FD5855-002-1.jpeg

Nike-Air-Foamposite-One-Light-Orewood-Brown-FD5855-002-6.jpeg

Nike-Air-Foamposite-One-Light-Orewood-Brown-FD5855-002-7.jpeg

I like those.

I did notice the 07 Anthracite felt extra bouncy and lasted forever I should have kept them. The new ones don't feel as bouncy but maybe they need to break in.

Speaking of bad quality, people also forget how thin the actual foam material is compared to the Taiwan pairs too.

My first foam base shoe was the 2000-2001 Flightposite 1’s in Charcoal/red and I can tell the difference of material quality.

But, my actual first Foamposite shoe was the Royal blue pro “B” pair in 2002(it got stolen in my gym locker in 9th grade…smh. Haters) and I remember being amazed how thick the materials were and how responsive the Full Length Zoom Air was. Of course, they were made in Taiwan. I remember about two years later, I got the all black pros and those were nearly my go to shoe in 12th grade. They were so durable. Had them for almost 10 years.

The foam material feel thin and the zoom air appears to be non existent.
Honestly, they’re not even comfortable anymore. It’s a shame too.
ALL.OF.THIS.

I still have those FP1s, and the biggest mistake of my life was throwing out those 04 black foam pros when the outsole separated (at the time, I had NO experience/idea how to repair shoes). I would still have them. With that pair, whenever they got dirt/muddy etc, all you had to do was literally wipe them and it would look VNDS. I've seen people use them as their every day kicks, and every time they give them a simple wipe, they'd look fresh. Now...with foams if you scrape too hard the white under the color shows. Not worth the price increase, sorry.

Was thinking the other day how old pearls with yellowed soles kinda look better. I’m not with the whole pre-aged thing but could see them doing it with those. Then today I see these troll jobs.

Yeah royal 1s are my fav shoe of all time. They will have to really bastardize them for me to pass i hate to say it.

My 2017s are at the end of their life

Respect to every one who wants Nike to give us the quality that would make us feel better spending our hard earned dollars. I definitely feel y'all on the little things that can make a shoe 10x better, especially when we are paying X amount more for something inferior to the original product.

I’m personally a sucker for the feeling I associate with a shoe and it giving me that time travel effect when I cop after wanting it for over a decade. Or remembering where we were in terms of fashion and the sneaker game at the time a shoe first dropped. And that effect really hits me with these eggplants when I think about not getting em back in 09. I’m loving em on foot after having 07 royal foam ones, 09 pearl foam pros, 16 doom pros, and 17 copper foam ones.

IMG_2682.jpeg
IMG_2681.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom