Foamposite Question for those that ball in them...

So I finally found a pair of Retro Penny Foamposite One's for a 'decent' price on eBay to ball in. I usually wear a 9.5, but the shoe is verytight. The width of the shoe isn't the problem, it's the toebox area that hurts. So much so, that I haven't even worn them to the gym. By greatluck I found an Eggplant pair in a size 10, but these seem a little too roomy though. From what I've gathered, the Foam material is supposed to heat up andconform to the wearers foot during the course of a game or several games. My question is will the material stretch out like a normal leather upper or is itgoing to stay very stiff. I want to sell the pair I won't be able to ball in and don't want to get rid of 1 when the other is the better option forplaying. I'd rather wear 2 pairs of socks for a good fit, than have a cramped shoe that hurts. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do?

yeah the worst thing when hoopin is to have shoes to small. Nothing hurts more when u go to dunk and cram ur big toe all up in the front of your shoes.I've lost my big toenail on my jumping foot like 6 times from that. U much better off wit the 2 pair of socks.

I actually am a smallish 17. Meaning most of my kicks are size 17, but I can fit into most 16's. Anyways, I've got some OG foamposite ones (theydon't retro past size 15
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
), that are size 18! And they are some of my best shoes for ballin. A little too much room, but I lace'm tight, and like the above postermentioned, wear two pairs of socks. I really dig the zoom, and the foam. The foamposite series and the Lebron IV are unique in that the shoes are built liketanks, but have the low profile zoom. And that's why they are favorite of hoopsters.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

Nothing hurts more when u go to dunk
I hate you.

laugh.gif
.....anyone can dunk.....when cats ask me on the court i tell em getsome strength shoes. I swear i seen a dude wit like a 25 inch vertical go to 34-40 inches in one summer of using em. Miracle shoes. He said he jumped rope inem for 3 hours straight every day of the summer....no BS

2db46cz.gif
I get that same feelin at the toe and wonder whether I should go a .5 size up, but you'reright OP about them being the best hoopin' kicks
glasses.gif

The more you wear the better they feel. Because they are so stiff the first time, they'll feel weird but the more times you wear the better.
I have eggplant's and at first I tried a 9.5 on and it felt to tight so I purchased the 10 instead. I didnt want to break them in by just going straight tothe courts,
so I just ran on the treadmill and went jogging in them outside and now they feel great.
It felt like I had a little room but then I double socked and it felt better.

So you tried to ball in the 9.5 first or just tried them on and decided on a 10?

^tried on the 9.5 felt to tight so went with the 10 and I think it was the right decision

Its really hard to say what size you should go with...typically foams are snug but the Lebron IV's fit big lengthwise. If you are goin to ball in themI'd go a half size up.

actually am a smallish 17. Meaning most of my kicks are size 17, but I can fit into most 16's. Anyways, I've got some OG foamposite ones (they don't retro past size 15
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
), that are size 18! And they are some of my best shoes for ballin.
man I got the same issue. My right foot is a 15.5 and my left is a 15 so I usually wear a 16. I have been on the fence about coppin some foamone's for a minute. I got a size 14 pair of foamposite IV's that I can actually ball in for a little while and I got a pair of size 15 lebron IV'sthat fit perfect. Anybody in my same situation cop some foam one's if so do they fit comfortably?

Originally Posted by ralph91

The more you wear the better they feel. Because they are so stiff the first time, they'll feel weird but the more times you wear the better.
I have eggplant's and at first I tried a 9.5 on and it felt to tight so I purchased the 10 instead. I didnt want to break them in by just going straight to the courts,
so I just ran on the treadmill and went jogging in them outside and now they feel great.
It felt like I had a little room but then I double socked and it felt better.
I tried to do this with a pair of ultraposites back in the day...they never broke. People kept replying to keep wearing them, they'll turnout.

Never did. Wore them 6 times...blisters all over my feet from every wearing...

I tried to do this with a pair of ultraposites back in the day...they never broke. People kept replying to keep wearing them, they'll turn out.

Never did. Wore them 6 times...blisters all over my feet from every wearing...

Yeah unfortunately it is not consistent from posite to posite how long the break in period takes. My FP IV's, flightposite's... took forever. I wouldsay it took at least 15, 20 wearings for both. Whereas my Lebron IV's were almost perfect out of the box.

Basically, you pay a price for lovin' to ball in posite's but the reward on the back end if definitely worth it.

Swerv1n wrote:
yeah the worst thing when hoopin is to have shoes to small. Nothing hurts more when u go to dunk and cram ur big toe all up in the front of your shoes. I've lost my big toenail on my jumping foot like 6 times from that. U much better off wit the 2 pair of socks.
damn homie, did it keep falling off because of the first time or did you keep jumping in tight shoes? I ball in my all blk foams. They were narrowat first and my foot would fall sleep during the course of the game. I would have to unlace them and tie them slightly looser then normal, but it worked. Theyeventually formed to my foot, but after not balling in them for a while it became stiff again. If it's your toes that are jammed in them, wear the 10.

Back
Top Bottom