FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

When in Sweden, eat meatballs
IMG_20190331_183937.jpg

download.jpeg.jpg

People say it makes them more tender.
I've tried that method and the ribs lost some fat and were kind of mushy.

I'm not nuanced using that method so it could very well work idk.

I prefer not boiling.
I like the extra fat and the texture.

Does everyone even LIKE "tender" ribs?

Not saying, rough is what I want but I like there to be a slight "give" to my ribs.

I like my ribs really tender and overdone. I also like when they have a slight pull, but I’ll usually overdo them on purpose.

@B Sox

1. What is the style of fries that are in the picture of: Cardinal Tavern? Probably my favorite style of fry.

2. The Ledo's Wings have some solid color to them.

3. You endorse Royal Taj?

We used to have them where I work. Just frozen skin on thick cut fries

Unless they make them in house

Good ribs shouldn't really be super tender (think "fall off the bone"). They should be soft enough to bite through easily without pulling all the meat off.

Ribs on the smoker>>>>>______, but if I was to put them on a regular BBQ grill I would probably do a seasoned brine and give a short boil before putting them on the grill.

If I'm doing "indoor" ribs (braised/dutch oven type), I'll make them a lot more tender than I would on a BBQ/smoker.

No smoke or BBQ character to help the flavor of the meat, so you're counting on seasoning and braising liquids to pick up that slack which takes time and ultimately makes everything super tender.

Has its place, but it's nice to have a cornucopia of textures for any and all proteins.

Does everyone even LIKE "tender" ribs?

Not saying, rough is what I want but I like there to be a slight "give" to my ribs.

If they don't fall off the bone, I don't want em

Boiled ribs are fine to me. Places usually drown ribs, boiled or not in sauce anyways to the point where not much of a difference is made.

Last edited:
I tend to only eat ribs in the summer and/or spots that specialize in charred meats.

Boiled ribs, I personnally don't even like how they look. Not for me, but I understand there is a place for them to others.

Thinking of going out to eat with the fam
Anyone got any recommendations
For out here in the bay
Not sure what I want to eat
Any recommendations are welcome

A slight gust of wind gotta be able to make the ribs fall off the bone. That's how it's gotta be prepared :lol:

Back
Top Bottom