FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

The food in the Ikea in Sweden is unreal. Food in general in Scandinavia is much higher quality than North America. Even the "fast food"

Lumpiang Sariwa

20190401_125957.jpg

20190401_130030.jpg

Last edited:
Tilapia is low on the totem pole of fish imo

It's not the lowest but it's kind of basic.

Reactions: God
I thought people like tilapia but its just not healthy at all which makes it the worst fish

I like Talapia. It’s fairly inexpensive compared to other fish you can get fresh and tastes fine, especially if you season it up or marinade it. Never really looked into the health benefits of it ... or lack thereof.

Tilapia is low on the totem pole of fish imo

It's not the lowest but it's kind of basic.

I was just testing the breading combo I was experimenting with. I usually go catfish when frying or I get whatever looks good at Publix or Wegmans and marinate it and get the cast iron crackin.

It was actually really good though, I got the crunch and the spice right. I was surprised. My kid don't eem eat fish like that but she punished two filets.

I thought people like tilapia but its just not healthy at all which makes it the worst fish

Yea... I don’t know about the validity of this statement.

It’s one of the most common genetically modified/farmed fish, unhealthy? Explain.

Yea... I don’t know about the validity of this statement.

It’s one of the most common genetically modified/farmed fish, unhealthy? Explain.
Idk anything about it

It’s what I’ve read and heard from many people. Like dude said, it’s bottom of the totem pole for a reason but I feel like majority of people like it lol

"Here's a good snopes article on the subject:

http://www.snopes.com/food/warnings/tilapia.asp

The long and short of it is that there's absolutely nothing wrong with tilapia itself as a food, but a fair amount of tilapia in the USA is raised in China under conditions that may involve exposure to pathogens and chemicals which aren't the sorts of things you want your food swimming in. So if you want to avoid the trouble, just avoid imported Tilapia."

Back
Top Bottom