FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

And if your hotel is not in an area that is littered with food options?

How would you make a decision on where to eat

You've really never been in that situation before?

You see a restaurant that sells the type of food you like or would like to try. Peer inside to get the vibe. Make your way in and take a gander at the menu. Make a choice or ask an employee to make a recommendation. Eat said food, thank the workers with a tip on your way out and decide whether it was an establishment worth revisiting or not.
Fixed.

You've really never been in that situation before?

You see a restaurant that sells the type of food you like or would like to try. Peer inside to get the vibe. Make your way in and take a gander at the menu. Make a choice or ask an employee to make a recommendation. Eat said food, thank the workers on your way out and decide whether it was an establishment worth revisiting or not.
What you are suggesting isn't quite what I am asking him.

In A instance sure, but if we are discussing an extended time in a new city, Unless you are constantly around different spots, what you suggested wouldn't be possible for EVERY meal

Talking to concierge to give me a list of restaurants is different than me asking which restaurant would he recommend.

Just give the list and ill make my on decision where to eat and proceed on my own quest.

But you comprehend the act of giving someone a list of options and them picking from THAT list

Is NOT

independently making a decision

Right?

I won't continue but the point is, all of you folks that knock others for using Yelp essentially use "it" (recommendations) at some point , in some fashion.

Just learn how to "shift" through reviews.

It doesn't make you weak, or not an independent thinker because you use Yelp.

Yall (I have friends that do the same) treat not using Yelp as a badge of.honor.

What you are suggesting isn't quite what I am asking him.

In A instance sure, but if we are discussing an extended time in a new city, Unless you are constantly around different spots, what you suggested wouldn't be possible for EVERY meal

So you've never walked into a random restaurant without peer recommendation or yelp reviews?

But you comprehend the act of giving someone a list of options and them picking from THAT list

Is NOT

independently making a decision

Right?

I won't continue but the point is, all of you folks that knock others for using Yelp essentially use "it" (recommendations) at some point , in some fashion.

Just learn how to "shift" through reviews.

It doesn't make you weak, or not an independent thinker because you use Yelp.

Yall (I have friends that do the same) treat not using Yelp as a badge of.honor.
being realistic its a list of restaurants based on facts. Which means the hotel will give you factual information where the restaurant is located and types of food that is served.

Anything else that I deemed is an opinion or maybe even sponsored by the hotel isn’t gonna sway my decision on what i want to eat or where i should go.

Once again i rather go about my own adventurous curiosity and Not use yelp or any other services like yelp.

That just how i do things.

I have but again, I am not speaking of a ONE instance situation.

I am speaking of an extended stay in a city.

Please read my original proposal.

Try new restaurants the way I suggested and continue eating at other restaurants that you are familiar with. (E.g. McDonald's, Chipotle, etc.)

52A1F0E4-A30D-4A85-A583-70C359701EE2.jpeg

best fried catfish i've ever had, cant remember the name of the spot but it was in anaheim, california

Haven't had a good banh mi in over a year. Last one was at Fu Wah Market in West Philly where I got a chargrilled pork one for like $4.

Really interested to try the Hometown BBQ smoked lamb belly banh mi as sacrilege as it sounds. Having had the lamb belly, there's a 0% chance that it will suck.

Back
Top Bottom