FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

IMG_8810.JPG

sinigang sundays. im getting used to cooking with electricty.

I work for tips and I would 100% expect to get fired if I got caught adding a tip to an order :lol:

Would never do that either. Not worth it

I’m pretty passive too but I’d probably call too

Bread and collard greens don't taste the same so the overall burger wouldn't taste the same.

I definitely scroll through Yelp/Google Reviews to try to get a consensus of sorts on different places. That paired with looking at folks pics on IG from the location.

To me Reading yelp reviews is like asking a girl what’s her body count and were you the best one she had.

She either going to exaggerate or straight up lie, like most yelp reviews.

To me Reading yelp reviews is like asking a girl what’s her body count and were you the best one she had.

She either going to exaggerate or straight up lie, like most yelp reviews.
There are PLENTY that don't .

It is an exaggeration to say Yelp solely consists of liars and exaggerations

There are PLENTY that don't .

It is an exaggeration to say Yelp solely consists of liars and exaggerations
Well i must be in the minority who dont give Shifts about other people’s opinion.

Cause I definitely know businesses will put up fake reviews and if you don’t believe that, than you must be gullible.

I have personal acquaintances tell people to say positive things about their restaurant on yelp. When the restaurant was completely exaggerating themselves of their service.

To say you don't care about anyone else's opinion os disingenuous .

You CAN say you don't care about anyone else's written reviews but for a spot to remain OPEN , it generally means there is/has been some level of satisfaction from the public. (I acknowledge that there exist MANY trash spots).

Word of mouth
Lines
Recommendations
IG Pics

We all use SOME sort of recommendation system when picking food. Just RANDOMLY picking a spot with ZERO intel rarely happens .

But I know it is cool to pretend you (not YOU) make your decision independent of ANY outside influence .

To say you don't care about anyone else's opinion os disingenuous .

You CAN say you don't care about anyone else's written reviews but for a spot to remain OPEN , it generally means there is/has been some level of satisfaction from the public. (I acknowledge that there exist MANY trash spots).

Word of mouth
Lines
Recommendations
IG Pics

We all use SOME sort of recommendation system when picking food. Just RANDOMLY picking a spot with ZERO intel rarely happens .

But I know it is cool to pretend you (not YOU) make your decision independent of ANY outside influence .
I trust only the opinions of the people who i can trust. Depending on what the opinion is in on.

yelp reviews is imo filled with disgruntle individuals who didn’t get their way cause the restaurant/establishment didn’t accommodate their personal needs, than they also expect all restaurants/establishments to provide Rolls Royce luxury service.

It’s definitely should be known we all don’t experience the same service as well too. But i don't go running to yelp with my opinions or seeking other opinions. I rather make my own judgement if its good or bad and not be clouded by the majority opinions.

If using yelp reviews is as a tool to make your decisions, is your thing go right ahead. That’s your thing. But for me nah Son.

HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION

alchemist iq alchemist iq Travels to Minneapolis for the first time, a place in which he knows not a single soul. A place in which he knows not a soul who has traveled.

How does HE select where he is willing to eat?
By Not using the yelp app or any other app like yelp.

Im gonna go into a restaurant without any public opinions to cloud my judgement and when i walk out ill give my own assessment and keep it pushing.

By Not using the yelp app or any other app like yelp.

Im gonna go into a restaurant without any public opinions to cloud my judgement and when i walk out ill give my own assessment and keep it pushing.
So you would just select a spot?

Based on what exactly?

Random?
Location?

I am honestly trying to figure out how this works.

You've really never been in that situation before?

You see a restaurant that sells the type of food you like or would like to try. Peer inside to get the vibe. Make your way in and take a gander at the menu. Make a choice or ask an employee to make a recommendation. Eat said food, thank the workers on your way out and decide whether it was an establishment worth revisiting or not.

So you would just select a spot?

Based on what exactly?

Random?
Location?

I am honestly trying to figure out how this works.
Yes. As a person Who's a native of nyc where options of food are very abundant i try new restaurants or foods out of my own curiosity all the tine , not because its popular or the majority opinion is saying negative things.

But i have rules.

If i like it the 1st time I’ll gladly go back if not I don’t even try giving that restaurant a second chance. I need be impressed the 1st time.

Back
Top Bottom