FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Sea bugs???
U don’t like crab???
And it’s to much work deshelling
The frying a crab
Also frog legs are underrated
in the fried food dept

Yeah that's definitely a lot of crab. Probably cost dumb bread. Never had frog. Wanna try it but haven't came across a place to sell it.

Nandos
Cilantro lime marinated chicken with Brussel sprouts and roasted potatoes

02FAB6C7-0C7C-4B85-BED1-B4B756DB6E15.jpeg
70809683-FCBB-437E-8F36-897E5713BC78.jpeg

Had waffle house this am.

20190414_202545.jpg

I remember the first time I had waffle house.

My family and I had just moved to the south.
There was a gas station near our neighborhood and right next to it was this yellow building which seemed to have this never ending plume of smoke rising up to the sky all day.
It was rather small but seemed to be busy every single time I passed by it.
One cold Saturday morning I was with my father and he was filling up gas and my curiosity got the best of me. The smoke and smell of this foreign restaurant was almost inviting and I asked him if we could try the place out.

The restaurant was packed.
It was a loud mess of coffee, cigarette smoke, and the sizzle of countless items on an oily grill.
I looked at the menu, a single laminated piece of paper, and immediately my eyes went to the "t bone and eggs."
Having a steak for breakfast was a foreign concept to me but I was hungry and willing.
The eggs (sunny side up) were delicous and had the perfect amount of oil and salt and pepper.
The steak was surprisingly tender and not big enough to be too much for breakfast.
But that's not all I remember.
I remember my father, sipping his coffee and talking with one of the cooks.
I remember the waitress who was the epitome of a southern diner waitress. Her name was Ronnie.
I remember the song runaway train playing on a cassette radio in the kitchen.

That wasn't the last time I went to a waffle house.
I've been many times to many locations.
As a kid, as a drunken college student at 2 in the morning, and as a man, sipping his coffee and talking to the cook.

The waffle house by my parents place is unbelievably still there. A relic among modern businesses in the area.
And every time I pass it, there's always that plume of smoke rising to the sky letting you know that some things never change.

solewoman solewoman
Have u told them u were going to do the whole meal???
I know sometimes if u say u just going for desserts or whatever
They will say they are full
Cause they want people to eat a full meal
I’ve always eaten a full meal
But I know that’s been a criticism of them

Had waffle house this am.

20190414_202545.jpg

I remember the first time I had waffle house.

My family and I had just moved to the south.
There was a gas station near our neighborhood and right next to it was this yellow building which seemed to have this never ending plume of smoke rising up to the sky all day.
It was rather small but seemed to be busy every single time I passed by it.
One cold Saturday morning I was with my father and he was filling up gas and my curiosity got the best of me. The smoke and smell of this foreign restaurant was almost inviting and I asked him if we could try the place out.

The restaurant was packed.
It was a loud mess of coffee, cigarette smoke, and the sizzle of countless items on an oily grill.
I looked at the menu, a single laminated piece of paper, and immediately my eyes went to the "t bone and eggs."
Having a steak for breakfast was a foreign concept to me but I was hungry and willing.
The eggs (sunny side up) were delicous and had the perfect amount of oil and salt and pepper.
The steak was surprisingly tender and not big enough to be too much for breakfast.
But that's not all I remember.
I remember my father, sipping his coffee and talking with one of the cooks.
I remember the waitress who was the epitome of a southern diner waitress. Her name was Ronnie.
I remember the song runaway train playing on a cassette radio in the kitchen.

That wasn't the last time I went to a waffle house.
I've been many times to many locations.
As a kid, as a drunken college student at 2 in the morning, and as a man, sipping his coffee and talking to the cook.

The waffle house by my parents place is unbelievably still there. A relic among modern businesses in the area.
And every time I pass it, there's always that plume of smoke rising to the sky letting you know that some things never change.

Who wrote this poem that you copied and pasted :lol:

Back
Top Bottom