FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Chesapeake Bay blue crabs are at their most plentiful in seven years, scientists say - The Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...komMPBBQ&noredirect=on&utm_term=.ed8de4a537ad

@jjs07 @B Sox
Also a banner year for honey production.
Vegan Pancakes with scoop of vegan protein.

Topped with Almond Butter
61ACC08D-F12B-41D7-AD44-9822701F7089.jpeg

Square up. Presentation isn’t key. Taste is.

Y’all food might look amazing, but has no flavor.

DUDE got olives, chickpeas and boiled chicken pieces in his whole wheat wrap.
Come on man. How you going to knock his food when those pancakes look pre-digested.:lol::lol:

Since we got some plant-based content going on today, I saw that IKEA is working on a vegan version of their Swedish Meatballs. If I ever try them, will report back on whether the vegan version is just as mediocre as the animal based ones. :lol:

Last edited:
With all this cheesesteak talk can anyone vouch for the places in their city. I guess it says something about the spot if people in the city aren't repping it.
The Country's Best Cheesesteaks NOT Made in Philly
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/the-best-cheesesteaks-not-made-in-philly

tl-horizontal_main_2x.jpg

Certainly will need to check the spot out in LA unless it is just trash.
The homerism over cheesesteaks is so funny to me because there's nothing unique to Philly about it.

It's not like they have some ingredient that's only easily accessible to them. The sandwich can be, and is, replicated everywhere.

Had a few cheesesteaks when I visited my brother in Philly and was fairly underwhelmed with each one. Chopped cheese>Philly cheesesteak. At least the chopped cheese is cheap.

With all this cheesesteak talk can anyone vouch for the places in their city. I guess it says something about the spot if people in the city aren't repping it.
The Country's Best Cheesesteaks NOT Made in Philly
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/the-best-cheesesteaks-not-made-in-philly

tl-horizontal_main_2x.jpg

Certainly will need to check the spot out in LA unless it is just trash.
If it's the place I believe it to be, it's not that good or I just don't think Philly Cheeseteaks are that good.

The homerism over cheesesteaks is so funny to me because there's nothing unique to Philly about it.

It's not like they have some ingredient that's only easily accessible to them. The sandwich can be, and is, replicated everywhere.

Had a few cheesesteaks when I visited my brother in Philly and was fairly underwhelmed with each one. Chopped cheese>Philly cheesesteak. At least the chopped cheese is cheap.
Can this same logic be applied to NY pizza or :emoji_eyes:

Can this same logic be applied to NY pizza or :emoji_eyes:
I would say no in this instance. What separates their pizza is what makes it a NY pizza. And what makes it different than a Chicago Deep Dish pizza or other regional pizza.

You can use that logic to let's say a California Burrito. It's nothing super exclusive about it to California. It's just popular here. It's called a Philly Cheese steak I'm assuming because it's a city favorite. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:
Not in this instance. What separates their pizza is what makes it a NY pizza. And what makes it different than a Chicago Deep Dish pizza.

You can use that logic to let's say a California Burrito. It's nothing super exclusive about it to California. It's just popular here. It's called a Philly Cheese steak I'm assuming because it's a city favorite. That's all there is to it.
WHAT is it though that separates their pizza from anyone else’s? Because from the logic he used, people anywhere can recreate a NY slice or CHI slice by using the same ingredients and methods unless there is some ingredient(s) only NYers have access to. I’m genuinely curious because I’ve heard from countless NYers who tried pizza outside the boroughs that people market as a “NY slice” say that it doesn’t hold up. I’ve heard stuff like “it’s the NY water” and other similar hullabaloo as to why it can’t be replicated. :lol: It all just sounds like homerism to me.

#IComeInPeace

Back
Top Bottom