FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

WHAT is it though that separates their pizza from anyone else’s? Because from what he stated, people anywhere can recreate a NY slice or CHI slice by using the same ingredients and methods unless there is some ingredient(s) only NYers have access to. I’m genuinely curious because I’ve heard from countless NYers who try pizza outside the boroughs that people market as a “NY slice” say that it doesn’t hold up. I’ve heard stuff like “it’s the NY water” and other similar hullabaloo as to why it can’t be replicated. :lol:

#IComeInPeace

Well pizzas are broken down into styles. It's the dough, thickness of the dough, and tomato sauce which makes it unique to NY. There nothing special about the ingredients. It's just the style unique to NY

Where's a Philly Cheese steak is just kind of an ordinary sandwich in comparison. That's how I see it but I see what you mean.

^^^ But there’s lots of places in LA that claim to serve “NY-style” pizza and New Yorkers swear it’s not as good as actual NY pizza.

R&R Taqueria
F0580A1B-DAB1-4798-A131-EFA7D52BAA5A.jpeg

Rise Biscuits
090A4E55-44EA-43EE-994F-76213D015E7D.jpeg

Lee’s Pint & Shell
363800BC-B6C6-4DF9-97F0-CB8CFD0A8248.jpeg

Towson Hot Bagels
BE4CC596-2211-44D3-9FDD-143E394E642D.jpeg

Got married over the weekend. Didn’t actually take pics of any of the food, but did grab a pic of the menu at our rehearsal dinner :lol:
2273A484-8EAF-40DB-92FD-59D835F41928.jpeg

Duck Duck Goose
F7D5E265-4901-471F-82AA-8FD5A1631CB9.jpeg
EA34CB29-28ED-496E-882F-35791A3AD2FC.jpeg

PLEASE tell me ur wedding was indoors :lol:

Congrats, bro!

WHAT is it though that separates their pizza from anyone else’s? Because from the logic he used, people anywhere can recreate a NY slice or CHI slice by using the same ingredients and methods unless there is some ingredient(s) only NYers have access to. I’m genuinely curious because I’ve heard from countless NYers who tried pizza outside the boroughs that people market as a “NY slice” say that it doesn’t hold up. I’ve heard stuff like “it’s the NY water” and other similar hullabaloo as to why it can’t be replicated. :lol: It all just sounds like homerism to me.

#IComeInPeace
When you're dealing with dough there are a lot of variables at play. The over-arching hypothesis to the success of NY pizza is supposed to be in the water profile. NY tap water is known for having low mineral content in comparison to other regions where pizza isn't a flagship. This is supposed to be the reason why a lot of "NY-style" pizza places apparently get NY tap water shipped to them. This might also explain why NY bagels are better than bagels out of state.

Anywho...another smashburger night:
0.jpg

:lol: Only on the internet NYers.

I had a cousin from NYC come visit with his girl and they liked our Mexican food and greenery.
It's pretty much this though. If I went to Cali I would expect to get better Mexican and :pimp:.

Like LA/SF, NY does just about everything well but has their own stand-outs just like the west coast does.

What makes this funnier is that the last sentence before the list is "New York City believe it or not has some of the best tap water in the country. New York’s delicious water comes from aquifers of the Catskill Mountains.", before going into a list of the "best tasting" water.

Your reading comprehension so trash.
I didn’t read it
Just clicked on headlines that I thought supported my claim

Back
Top Bottom