FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

01B4CE06-0064-4D2C-B1F7-694F1722D9C4.jpeg
0604E65C-1A1C-4666-AE10-56F49BFE980A.jpeg

My go-to at the work cafe. Chicken finger wrap with pepper jack cheese, lettuce and chipotle sauce. Honestly disappointed my normal guy wasn’t manning the grill. In fairness, I went right before closing but shorty rushed the fries (no crisp) and didn’t cut the chicken properly into smaller pieces. My boy will always throw in random freebies like guac to spice it up.

You’re Colombian?

And for me on the fry hierarchy, I’d probably rank steak fries dead last. Even crispy. Can’t stand those things.
Nah, B. Grew up with Colombians and Ecuadorians. From the futebol pitch, picked up 'parce,' arepas, Aguardiente, yapingachos.

I dig waffle and curly fries. Was in Belgica month ago and the locals were going ham dipping their frites in straight-up mayo.

I don't know.

What type of alcohol is that?
Depends where you go, it's different by country. It's made from sugar cane, has a slight, minor plant taste. Some Ecuadorians like their Aguardiente with canela, Colombians will flavor their version. Or you can mix it with fruit juices, some folks even take it hot. For me, I prefer Aguardiente puro. Shots. We call that joint 'happy water' because after four or five shots hit in the pre-game, you be feelin' like a capo tutti.

3E1E963E-C497-4247-8B58-BB0B821E8A9B.jpeg

If you know, you know. My boy Hec (Ecuadorian) and I get amped off this. A must for our AC trips.
Do you (and anyone else) have food recs for AC?

I've somehow never been. My wife has a work thing there in a couple weeks and I was thinking about maybe making the drive up for a day or two...

Do you (and anyone else) have food recs for AC?

I've somehow never been. My wife has a work thing there in a couple weeks and I was thinking about maybe making the drive up for a day or two...
Council oak fish and Il mulino in hard rock. All the restaurants in borgata are good too. That’s usually what we stick to. We recently tried some spots in ocean and were disappointed.

Started looking up some AC foodie lists...

Anybody ever been to this place Tony Boloneys? Looks wild.

Back
Top Bottom