FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

When @benzilla427 & @suavamente post. Fire grub recently.
IMG_0077.JPG

I remember being in Westwood and eating at In n out then passing fat sals and just staring at their menu like man... how fat do I wanna be right now :lol:
:lol: Went through the exact same thought process with my brothers. Figured what the hell, we on vacation. We'll make up the calories week after in the gym.
IMG_7776.JPG

Edit:
My uncle went ham and rented out a room in The Bel-Air.
IMG_7797.JPG

Last edited:
^ the 2 main things with in n out is the prices and they are exclusive to the west coast...also they got a secret menu and their food is fresh which is why a lot of people like them... i just dont like that their fries are trash and their patties are thin... i need to get at least a 3x3 to get a decent sized burger... if in n out was around everywhere else not just the west coast it would be just another burger place... still popular just not as hyped

I remember when NY'ers were so obsessed with in & out. My friends' relatives would bring them burgers from cali. Dunno why they would want some cold, soggy burgers.

I remember being in Westwood and eating at In n out then passing fat sals and just staring at their menu like man... how fat do I wanna be right now :lol:

The beauty of college towns, right? I remember the time I went and partied with some friends in Berkley. Got out of the bar and went and killed a big, loaded hot dog from Top Dog and then immediately went across the street and got a donut from Kingpin...I believe it was a jelly, but that’s a little hazy at this point...:lol:

^^^ Part of the thing with In-N-Out too is that the basis for comparison for it has changed over the years. Back in the day there were way fewer options for fast burgers, so people compared INO to things like McD’s and Burger King, so it seemed a lot better and fresher. Now there’s Five Guys, Whataburger, Shake Shack, etc. so In N Out doesn’t seem quite as special as it used to.

All that said, I still love In N Out.

Last edited:
i mean i still like In-N-Out. i definitely have good childhood memories of it from when i used to live in Cali. but you're right. there are more options now, so it's not AS special as it used to be. i'd still take Five Guys any day over In-N-Out though. i was in Vegas recently and had some In-N-Out after drinking, and i was like damn...this is not how i remember it. i guess my expectations changed. same thing with Jamba Juice. that used to be THE smoothie spot, but more variety as made my opinions shift.

I remember when NY'ers were so obsessed with in & out. My friends' relatives would bring them burgers from cali. Dunno why they would want some cold, soggy burgers.

First time I went out to Cali, I HAD to get In n Out....it was unremarkable, really :lol: Probably a shade better than 5 guys.

Thought Carl's Jr. was better.

^ jamba juice is on point... i remember going out of my way to get it lol... i still like it and right now would be a perfect time for a drink... problem is its not everywhere

Back
Top Bottom