FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

If you keep avocados submerged in water in the fridge they don’t over ripen.

Like before peeling

I’ve kept avocados for longer than a month like this
They say keeping them in water is a dangerous as it it increases the risk of pathogens like listeria and salmonella that can cause foodborne illnesses. Use lemon juice and plastic wrap.

Anyone seen these videos of people getting “rubber like” watermelons and avocados lately?

They’re full on bending sliced avocado and watermelon slices.

Got the Weber brand one. I didn't do much research prior. Claimed 25% off but still kinda expensive for what it is

Have you noticed a lot more grease build up in the grill? Cleaning is my only concern. Assuming it'll need done much more frequently
I got this one...

Yeah I scrape the grease and stuff off towards the front...I do clean the inside of my grill with a plastic putty scraper and it seems to work fine.

I got this one...

Yeah I scrape the grease and stuff off towards the front...I do clean the inside of my grill with a plastic putty scraper and it seems to work fine.

I have one of those too - better for things like burgers than doing them straight on the grill.

The one I ordered replaces the grill grates instead of going on top

Will report back once I break it in with some proper smash mouths

Will be grilling grilling this weekend. Probably steaks on charcoal

IMG_9709.jpeg

🍕 hopping today. 1st stop was Pizza Sam in Jackson Heights, Queens. Saw the Onebite review on this yearssss ago & always wanted to stop in & today was the day. He gave it an 8.4 & the 🍕 was delicious. The slices were huge & the Sicilian equally as huge + doughy.

After that we went to Lillian in Forest Hills, Queens. My younger brother put me on here. This is also Ray Romano's favorite pizzeria. From there to Dani's for one of nyc's 🐐 slice. I've posted plenty about them here. Sweet sauce perfection. Ended the night with some dessert in Forest Hills at Eddie's Sweet Shop. This is the oldest ice cream parlor in NYC; opening it's doors in 1925. Interior decor is pretty much the same from 100 years ago. I had the banana split with vanilla chip & coffee ice cream.
20240613_183349.jpg
20240613_183424.jpg
20240613_183959.jpg
20240613_185916.jpg
20240613_193251.jpg
20240613_200330.jpg
20240613_201328.jpg
20240613_210006.jpg
20240613_210055.jpg
20240613_211419.jpg

The one I ordered replaces the grill grates instead of going on top

Will report back once I break it in with some proper smash mouths

Will be grilling grilling this weekend. Probably steaks on charcoal
Yeah I saw it was on sale. I never knew they made one for the webers without having to buy the whole new grates and kit frame thing.

Damn, McDonald’s raised the price of the double fish filet.

Yesterday it was $5.99, today it’s $6.49. 🤯

Prices of other sandwiches went up as well I’m sure. ☠️

At those prices, you might as well go to a local burger joint. They might not have a drive thru, but you can usually call ahead and order to pick up.

Back
Top Bottom