FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

To all Sacramento residents, i know its a long shot, but see if you can help me out lol..

When i was kid i use to visit all the time and my cousin would take me to this sandwich joint. I think all sandwiches came in a little pita pocket. Best (cold) roast beef sandwich ive ever had. This was back in the mid to late 90s. 

Visited Sac a few years back and asked my cousin what that place was called, he had no clue which sandwich place i was referring to :x :lol:

Looking to possibly visit in August, would love to bless my taste buds again IF this joint is still open. 

Any help is appreciated. 

do you happen to know which area its in...like downtown, north sac

If you like sandwiches give Corti Brother a try. Personally, its the best sandwich in Sac.......It's rank in the topp 22 best deli in America by food and wine magazine. http://www.foodandwine.com/slideshows/americas-best-delis#!slide=1

Tell me more about this MILF Tuesday. :nerd:

lol...its posted in the regional forum that Tuesdays is kids day and MILFs bring out their kids. MILFS eyecandy everywhere Tuesdays

@senor chang   No clue what city whatsoever, but for sure it wasnt downtown. I just remember hitting the mall in downtown.

That Corti Bros place looks  
nthat.gif

You guys talking about the state fair in Sac?

Went there a couple years ago. My first time eating Chick Fil A .. was awesome.

It was hot .. They kicked us out of the art museum place. Enjoyed that AC for a good 5 minutes.

Worst part was we came in two cars. First car went back to SJ but accidentally took the keys to the second car cause the driver told him to hold onto them while he went on rides.

Had to wait for him to come back from San Jose :lol:

Just tried flaming grill. Been in sacramento almost my whole life and never tried this place I've been missing out!

Had my once yearly dinner at the kitchen. Got lucky to have chef Sellend cooking for us. Chef Noah is a better entertainer tho.

They just left these out! Was so tempted just to put one in the pocket real quick! Lol!

Who got the plug to French Laundry? Been trying to get in for awhile, no luck.

Can someone school me on PHO, it's never looked appetizing to me but someone make me a believer. What should I get? Are there different kinds?

you been missing out....I put many of my friend that aren't asian onto pho and every week its let get some pho lol

Its all in the broth tho. I don't like broth that uses heavy msg. I usually get the house special(pho dac biet) with the steak meat on the side or OX tail pho but chicken pho is cool too. throw in a little hoisen sauce, lime, thai baisil, bean sprout and hot sauce and you good to go.

If a restaurant has shrimp in their pho, avoid it. Pho doesn't have Shrimp in it.

Parents got into French Laundry, I guess it was really good.

Need pho asap.

New anthony bordain show is airing on travel channel now. Pretty dope

you been missing out....I put many of my friend that aren't asian onto pho and every week its let get some pho lol

Its all in the broth tho. I don't like broth that uses heavy msg. I usually get the house special(pho dac biet) with the steak meat on the side or OX tail pho but chicken pho is cool too. throw in a little hoisen sauce, lime, thai baisil, bean sprout and hot sauce and you good to go.

If a restaurant has shrimp in their pho, avoid it. Pho doesn't have Shrimp in it.

It's actually embarassing that I've never had pho, all I eat is Asian food. A lot of my Chinese, Korean and Viet friend's make me food on a regular basis.

So pho is basically a broth with a lot of stuff thrown in it. Are there types of broths that are better than other. My palate is basically anything strong spicy, less on the salt, and subtly sweet.

Pretty much. It's a noodle soup. I basically just get one of the first 10 things on the menu at any pho restaurant. They're usually the most popular IMO. There are spicy broths, but restaurants usually offer chili and sriracha at your table that a lot of people use.

Basically just soup, noodles, meats, bean sprouts, and basil. I get mine with no onions. Meats I usually like are meatballs, brisket, steak, flank, tendon, and tripe.

Last edited:
Veggie combo & awaze beef tibbs from awash ethopian restaurant at little ethiopia in LA. tastes better than how it actually looks :lol:

Last edited:
Parents got into French Laundry, I guess it was really good.

Need pho asap.

New anthony bordain show is airing on travel channel now. Pretty dope

:lol: I'd hope it was good. My boy used to cook for a chef who was sous chef there. They barely have refrigerators because they bring everything fresh daily or grow it.

I have been away a long time from this thread, meant to post so many pictures on my last phone but unfortunately those are lost.
Looks like, I have an excuse to go back to many of the places I had taken pictures of my food of :smokin
Here, is a home cooked meal by my Puerto Rican madrina, pork chop with strips of meat along with the most amazing arroz con gandules with sausage in it!

LA food is so cheap...:smh: I need to make a trip down there soon.

Yeah bruh, make your way down here. My girl is from the town and I got her hooked on so-cal joints (Dino's, Orleans & York, Manuel's)
Went back last November with family/relatives, but I wanna go back with my lady.

Tough to find time though.

I'll be getting pho today. Perfect, since it's a foggy day in SF!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom