FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Gonna be in Raleigh, NC for a weekend next month. Any food suggestions?
Hit up Dame’s Chicken and Waffles, it’s in Cary, Durham and Gboro...Cary is probably closer but I haven’t tried that location yet, nonetheless a must. Alpaca for some decent charred chicken, and most of the breweries have some good quick food (burgers, wings, tacos).

Yea fries with SUCH a liquid-based condiment like Sasla just doesn't work. As the Kid said, fried potatoes need some sort of stickiness substance to be used on them.

is a piece of steak in a baguette even a burger tho? and why would they give me salsa for it?

**** gonna be the death of me to have these in TriBeCa.

Bottom one is grilled cactus which I tried for the first and likely last time.

Horchata and adobada tacos not pictured.

8E6277A1-3A46-4530-ABD8-9637C63C7810.jpeg

I didn't really get much flavor to be honest. Hence my lack of interest in it.

Plus they cut it up into small pieces. It was kind of like having less flavorful green pepper in there.

Didn't like that. Would have preferred it in strips or something. If I have to do a veg taco I'd rather it just be peppers/onions/guac or avocado etc.

I didn't really get much flavor to be honest. Hence my lack of interest in it.

Plus they cut it up into small pieces. It was kind of like having less flavorful green pepper in there.

This is consistent with my experience eating cactus. It wasn’t in a taco, but was the feature in a side “salad” served with Huaraches. Just tasted like the vinegar they soaked it in and not much else. Wasn’t bad really; just nothing special and not better than more standard Mexican sides.

I’ve had some pretty tasty non-meat tacos. The Lotteria Grill in the West Hollywood Farmer’s Market makes a good potato and corn taco, and one of my neighborhood spots has an egg-based Breakfast Taco that I get regularly.

This is consistent with my experience eating cactus. It wasn’t in a taco, but was the feature in a side “salad” served with Huaraches. Just tasted like the vinegar they soaked it in and not much else. Wasn’t bad really; just nothing special and not better than more standard Mexican sides.

Served with What?

Tried the new Jamaican "jerk" turkey sub from firehouse

20190830_113047.jpg

They describe it as having "a hint of Jamaican jerk seasoning"

And they are liars.

It's not even close to a hint. It's like if you're spouse came home from work and said "guess what"?

It's a good turkey sandwich by itself.
They do not skimp on the meat.
Cheese was nice and melted.
Veg was fresh and crisp.
Solid sub.

Its tasty but I would be fine if I never ate this again in my life.

Back
Top Bottom