FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Just saw on my local news that a guy from Tennessee is suing Popeye’s because he struck out on getting a chicken sandwich one day. Asking for $5,000 :lol:

I've never had Thai or Indian.

I think I'm scared.

I keep hearing it smells bad so I go no where near it.

I think I'm scared.

That’s really an “eye (nose) of the beholder” kind of thing. I think both Thai and Indian food smell delicious, but each has very strong flavors. So that turns some people off...

I think I'm scared.

If you like things like onions, garlic, ginger, chili peppers, etc. then you probably like Indian and Thai food.

I've said it once before, but any broad negative claims like that about the foods of a certain ethnicity/culture probably has some casual racism behind it.

That’s really an “eye (nose) of the beholder” kind of thing. I think both Thai and Indian food smell delicious, but each has very strong flavors. So that turns some people off...

I keep hearing it's good, lots of flavor.

I am intrigued but dont even know where to start.

It's a lot of Indian and Thai spots around the city.

I think I'm scared.

Bruh, that aint right.

How can you let hearing about how soemthung smells deter you?

Just walk in to a Thai spot or Thai fusion and a Indian restaurant and take a big whiff.

From my experience, only certain Indian foods smell funny to me. The spicy stuff is on point though :pimp: Thai is real good.

Bruh, that aint right.

How can you let hearing about how soemthung smells deter you?

Just walk in to a Thai spot or Thai fusion and a Indian restaurant and take a big whiff.

From my experience, only certain Indian foods smell funny to me. The spicy stuff is on point though :pimp: Thai is real good.

I didn't want to go down this route, but............

I remember doing carpet cleaning fresh out of HS and going into houses with broken melons on the front porch and yards.

I dont the ethnicity but I'm guessing Indian.

The smells.............

Just saw on my local news that a guy from Tennessee is suing Popeye’s because he struck out on getting a chicken sandwich one day. Asking for $5,000 :lol:
You need to get represent him and fire up a class action. Put those impostors out of business.

I keep hearing it's good, lots of flavor.

I am intrigued but dont even know where to start.

It's a lot of Indian and Thai spots around the city.

I’d maybe try Yelp. Find a spot close to you that has the best overall reviews.

With Indian, I’d start with Chicken Tikka, Garlic Naan Bread and a vegetable dish, maybe Saag Paneer (which is Spinach with Indian cheese).

For Thai, I’d start with Thai Fried Rice and Pad Thai noodles.

You need to get represent him and fire up a class action. Put those impostors out of business.

A little outside my specialty, but you may be on to something. If I play this right, I can get that retirement money...

Okay Indian it is. Definitely getting garlic naan and coconut lentil rice. Narrow down my meat and veg:

Meats:
Lamb Mushroom Masalendar: lamb and button mushrooms with onions, tomatoes, ginger, and cilantro.
Lamb Achari: lamb with onion, tomatoes, and a pickled sauce
Zardalu Boti: lamb with apricots and cashews in a spiced cream sauce

Veg:
Bhindi Masala: okra sauteed with onions, tomatoes, and spices
Navarattan Vegetable Korma: sauteed vegetables in a spicy creamy curry with nuts and raisin

I’d maybe try Yelp. Find a spot close to you that has the best overall reviews.

With Indian, I’d start with Chicken Tikka, Garlic Naan Bread and a vegetable dish, maybe Saag Paneer (which is Spinach with Indian cheese).

For Thai, I’d start with Thai Fried Rice and Pad Thai noodles.

Reviews coming soon

Screenshot_20190830-201241_Yelp.jpg

I didn't want to go down this route, but............

I remember doing carpet cleaning fresh out of HS and going into houses with broken melons on the front porch and yards.

I dont the ethnicity but I'm guessing Indian.

The smells.............
This is a loaded post.

Not sure cleaning ppl's houses when they're dirty correlates to their cultures food.

Back
Top Bottom