FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

go to giannis italian bistro in san ramon
and
pasta pop up in sf
theres more
but these are my go to's
hell tony napelontana is good for their italian food as well
not just their pizza
I thought Tony’s is known for their pizzas. Weren’t they the first American to win some pizza making award in Italy?

If I get Thai it’s usually the same couple of dishes, Angel wings, chicken pad see ew, pad see mao, Tom yum noodle soup, mango sticky rice. Their curry is too bland and their fried rice is too wet imo.

Thai food > Indian food. Indian food is good when you’re eating it, but it doesn’t settle well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Tony’s is known for their pizzas. Weren’t they the first American to win some pizza making award in Italy?

If I get Thai it’s usually the same couple of dishes, Angel wings, chicken pad see ew, pad see mao, Tom yum noodle soup, mango sticky rice. Their curry is too bland and their fried rice is too wet imo.
yeah theyre known for their pizza
but im telling u
their pasta dishes are :pimp:

Okay Indian it is. Definitely getting garlic naan and coconut lentil rice. Narrow down my meat and veg:

Meats:
Lamb Mushroom Masalendar: lamb and button mushrooms with onions, tomatoes, ginger, and cilantro.
Lamb Achari: lamb with onion, tomatoes, and a pickled sauce
Zardalu Boti: lamb with apricots and cashews in a spiced cream sauce

Veg:
Bhindi Masala: okra sauteed with onions, tomatoes, and spices
Navarattan Vegetable Korma: sauteed vegetables in a spicy creamy curry with nuts and raisin

All good stuff, but Korma is crack...

Why is British food not as common and popular in the US? Considering the US was British territory and English is our main language.

The influence remains. I’d argue that is why most Red State WASP types prefer bland, mostly unseasoned food. Yes, stereotyping...

The influence remains. I’d argue that is why most Red State WASP types prefer bland, mostly unseasoned food. Yes, stereotyping...
I mean like actual British Dishes

British%20cuisine%20(savoury)-01.jpg

I mean like actual British Dishes

British%20cuisine%20(savoury)-01.jpg

Yeah, I suppose places that serve that stuff are harder to find than other food varieties. But where I grew up in Santa Monica, CA there’s a lot of British immigrants and tourists, so Ye Old King’s Head is a city staple that serves a lot is the stuff on that chart. There’s also a few Irish spots in the area. I’ve tied like 70 percent of the items on that chart. Favorites would probably be Shepard’s Pie and Yorkshire Pudding.

Most of it is pretty blah...

Last edited:
Pretty much any non-Euro nation's cuisine is packed with flavor. Those folks indigenous to the lands HAVE to make use of any and everything provided to them.

Back
Top Bottom