FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Mangosteen is my number 1 favorite fruit. It's tart & sweet with other flavors that I can't describe. It's like eating perfume.

Hong Kong baked pork chop spaghetti
4IQAo3z.jpg

Ox Tales average as hell. Definitely not worth what they charge at the (few) Caribbean spots EYE have been to.

Ox Tales average as hell. Definitely not worth what they charge at the (few) Caribbean spots EYE have been to.
The amount of "meat on the bones" ratio is just too inconsistent for me to view it as a go-to meal when I go to a Caribbean spot.

Jerk Chicken or Brown Stew chicken with 2 Patties.

Oxtails every blue moon.

I feel like African spots are more generous with the portions. I may have to test that theory out with ox tails. In no way are they average tho.

I was going by all around uses and flavor, not necessarily what I eat most

drinks, desserts, etc as well as being good standalone

if we're being honest lemons probably deserve to be in the discussion

I feel like African spots are more generous with the portions. I may have to test that theory out with ox tails. In no way are they average tho.
Speaking of African spots...

I went to Adukes today to finally have some jollof rice...

joint was closed :smh:

This is what I'm talking about. Sucks for you.
The amount of "meat on the bones" ratio is just too inconsistent for me to view it as a go-to meal when I go to a Caribbean spot.

Jerk Chicken or Brown Stew chicken with 2 Patties.

Oxtails every blue moon.
DC's stance is basically the same as mine. The meat is good, but there's very little of it, and on top of that, it's more expensive than everything else. I'd rather just get jerk chickens, which I personally enjoy just as much, if not more, and it's cheaper.

DC's stance is basically the same as mine. The meat is good, but there's very little of it, and on top of that, it's more expensive than everything else. I'd rather just get jerk chickens, which I personally enjoy just as much, if not more, and it's cheaper.
This. I usually get the jerk chicken and ask them to put some gravy from the oxtail over my rice.

Not a big fan of oxtail either, but oxtail gravy is the move

Mangosteen is my number 1 favorite fruit. It's tart & sweet with other flavors that I can't describe. It's like eating perfume.

Hong Kong baked pork chop spaghetti
4IQAo3z.jpg

Had mangosteen for the first time in Malaysia couple yrs back. So 🔥🔥🔥

A bunch of salty chicks who can’t cook talking so much smack on that twitter thread. Acting like they’re out here having salad for dinner every night with their man. B^*+h you know dam well if you’re not cooking y’all having Chic Fil A, shake shack, etc so have a seat young lady

A bunch of salty chicks who can’t cook talking so much smack on that twitter thread. Acting like they’re out here having salad for dinner every night with their man. B^*+h you know dam well if you’re not cooking y’all having Chic Fil A, shake shack, etc so have a seat young lady
no REAL dude
wants to be with a woman who cant cook
and not only that
knowing how to properly make YOUR plate

Back
Top Bottom