FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

While I'm at it......

Never had calamari.

Let me just make a list.

Duck
Goat
Deer
Couldn't name a Russian cuisine but don't think I've had it.

My brother-in-law is Russian. The Russian dishes I’ve had through his family were not my favorites. A lot of pickled stuff and seafood. But Russia is huge and multicultural, so I’m sure there must be good Russian food out there.

20200125_150632.jpg
20200125_150712.jpg

Oh man they completely lost me @ that mac & cheese.

That **** is egregious. Ok they put some in the sandwich/burger fine. Then they go back and smother the entire thing in mac & cheese :lol:

Also not sure what was the thin thing that was fried and cut in half :nerd:

Last edited:
The Palm
East Hampton

The service, drinks, and ambiance were top-notch.
The food not so much. Steak was overdone. Crisp/fried onions were trash. I regret spending $210 here. Thick cut Bacon was amazing, but how can you mess up bacon?
IMG-20200125-WA0030.jpg

If the entire steak looked like the bullseye in the middle, I would have had a foodgasm. THATS what I expect from a steakhouse, not what I got.
20200124_181937.jpg

The Palm
East Hampton

The service, drinks, and ambiance were top-notch.
The food not so much. Steak was overdone. Crisp/fried onions were trash. I regret spending $210 here. Thick cut Bacon was amazing, but how can you mess up bacon?
IMG-20200125-WA0030.jpg

If the entire steak looked like the bullseye in the middle, I would have had a foodgasm. THATS what I expect from a steakhouse, not what I got.
20200124_181937.jpg
Yeah that steak looks pretty trash.

That's why my time out east is limited to the summer only. Beautiful beaches and scenery, but the food is always an afterthought.

Don't get me wrong, there's good restaurants out there, but if I'm on a mission to eat something great I'm usually heading West.

*edit: what's that in the upper right hand corner in that last pic from the BBQ spot?

Way better than it looks. When I saw it I literally said to my wife "this Mac and cheese looks light skinned"
But it taste really good.
I'm just used to my Mac and cheese being baked.
Yea that Macaroni and CHeese looks like some Macaroni Salad from a low-level grocery store chain. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it.

Green Curry Shrimp and grits from Dashi. Terrible, who tf adds sliced peppers to curry before it leaves the kitchen?!? Should’ve been on the side, The flavors were otherwise good but I hate filler. Also too much broth. Dropped a shrimp and ruined my whole fit.
1845C155-F900-459D-AAEB-89B86A20BD3B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom