FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Pasadena but will have a car

Stevies on pico. You can get anything and its bomb.
Dulans coo too.

If you are into organic and healthy hit up simply wholesome - expensive though

el cholo

woody's bbq

If you've never been to cali gotta do roscoe's at least once.

Going to bring tay1 tay1 and @suavamente in on this too.

TBH, the family owned spots I go to have good food, but aren’t anything amazing. But they’re right in my neighborhood and I like to support local businesses.

One I would recommend is Honey’s Kettle Fried Chicken in Culver City. Great sides.
Langers deli for good pastrami
Yang Chow for Chinese food
Might as well say Roscoe’s
Griddle Cafe for breakfast

All I got at the moment

When it was oatmeal talk in here a little bit ago I said I like to mix mine with yogurt.. Had one of these today, it was good 🔥 never seen them before
83C7B5FE-534A-4F21-85FF-B22F0BC7242D.jpeg
got these last week, the strawberry one is 🔥

Stevies on pico. You can get anything and its bomb.
Dulans coo too.

If you are into organic and healthy hit up simply wholesome - expensive though

el cholo

woody's bbq

If you've never been to cali gotta do roscoe's at least once.

Good list.

Another option is The Pantry in Downtown LA. Real popular breakfast spot and it’s just a couple blocks from LA Live/Staples if you want to head over there.

i haven't been in here for a while, but are there any other plant based folks in here? i started about 3 weeks ago. i'll still eat meat once, maybe twice a week, but overall i feel like my overall health has improved. i feel like i have more energy, and my lifts have not suffered. i've actually set a few new PR's since i started. i'm hoping to see some plant based options from you guys :smile:

Good luck on your journey. What's your goal regarding nutrition? I'm a pescatarian

i haven't been in here for a while, but are there any other plant based folks in here? i started about 3 weeks ago. i'll still eat meat once, maybe twice a week, but overall i feel like my overall health has improved. i feel like i have more energy, and my lifts have not suffered. i've actually set a few new PR's since i started. i'm hoping to see some plant based options from you guys :smile:

Yes. 2 years plant based. What do you wanna know? My meals don’t include soy, plenty of protein.

Lentil Soup, Lentil Pasta, Seitan, Unflavored Pea protein, Flax milk 8g protein per serving. Wild rice, black bean, chickpea flour. Are all great protein sources. Learn how to cook seitan. It’s pretty easy.

I eat a mostly Vegetarian diet with some seafood mixed in. I use plant-based meat substitute products from brand like Beyond Meat, Gardein and Morning Star Farms pretty regularly. I post pics of things I cook from time to time.

my friend said eating at Rick Bayless' torta restaurant in the airport was one of the greatest days in his life
I personally would rather eat at an authentic Mexican restaurant instead of giving Rick Bayless my money.
He jacks those recipes from indigenous Mexican cultures anyways....just sells it for more money to his Caucasian crowd.
I'm not a big fan of culture appropriation, but that's a discussion for another day.
I guess for airport food, it's decent.

Going to Chicago for the first time this weekend. Whats some must go places to eat?
The Loyalist is giving Au Cheval a run for their money for best burger in Chicago.
Mott Place has a phenomenal burger as well.
Heard that Au Cheval gets it's burger patties from Sysco, which boggles my mind. Still fire though!

Back
Top Bottom