FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I just popped on to Twitter and saw that Chicken Tikka Massala was trending. This is the tweet that was at the top of the feed when I cliked:

What an *******...

Can't belive this man is a law professor but don't know what it is. :lol:

A spoon w/ that type of meal isn't any of that. It's just going out your way to not use a fork.

:smh:
Going out of my way? I have never thought of using a fork in that situation. Never. If I am eating, what am I "proving" by using a spoon? It isn't a competition. It isn't a spectacle. It isn't a formal affair. There is no point in attempting to prove ANYTHING in that situation.

So to assume I am "going out of my way not to use a fork" is hilarious.

It isn't that serious to me. I use what is the most simple tool in this situation.

Different noodle would call for a fork.

Going out of my way? I have never thought of using a fork in that situation. Never. If I am eating, what am I "proving" by using a spoon? It isn't a competition. It isn't a spectacle. It isn't a formal affair. There is no point in attempting to prove ANYTHING in that situation.

So to assume I am "going out of my way not to use a fork" is hilarious.

It isn't that serious to me. I use what is the most simple tool in this situation.

Different noodle would call for a fork.
In this instance a fork would be simple tool to use. The only thing more simple would be your hands.

The main point I want you to understand is these "rules" we live by, (no spoon with ANY pasta dish), hold zero weight in the grand scheme of things.

The food is there to be eaten. How it is eaten doesn't really matter.

My initial pushback was, using the words "SHOULDN'T be eaten with a spoon." yea, says who?

The food will be eaten. Point blank.

Support local businesses during these times. Added 2 runny eggs on myself
IMG_20200406_141319_496.jpg

In this instance a fork would be simple tool to use. The only thing more simple would be your hands.
I disgaree.

The noodles fit perfectly in the spoon.

There is sauce also involved.

A spoon is more practical.

A fork might be more traditional but that doesn't make it more practical. (In this instance, who cares about tradition)

Question, why is it ok for you to eat your boxed Macaroni and Cheese meals with a spoon? ANswer that please. And if you don't, why IS there a spoon on just about any box of that item? Doesn't that also fall under the, "PAsta dish" (should only be eaten with forks) narrative?

All types of pasta can be picked up with chopsticks. It's easier than with a spoon. It picks up more pasta than a fork too. I'll choose chopsticks over those if I had to pick.
There is sauce on the plate as well.

Explain how using chopsticks is covering all bases in THIS instance?

I won't pushback on the "Chopsticks are easier than a spoon" claim. There is no way to even have an honest conversation about that. You can have that one. :lol:

I disgaree.

The noodles fit perfectly in the spoon.

There is sauce also involved.

A spoon is more practical.

A fork might be more traditional but that doesn't make it more practical. (In this instance, who cares about tradition)

Question, why is it ok for you to eat your boxed Macaroni and Cheese meals with a spoon? ANswer that please. And if you don't, why IS there a spoon on just about any box of that item? Doesn't that also fall under the, "PAsta dish" (should only be eaten with forks) narrative?
A spoon w/ mac n' cheese is more practical b/c of it's texture. I almost I always eat mac n cheese w/ a spoon unless I'm eating something else w/ it that would be more practical to use a fork.

A spoon w/ mac n' cheese is more practical b/c of it's texture. I almost I always eat mac n cheese w/ a spoon unless I'm eating something else w/ it that would be more practical to use a fork.
I honestly see no difference in logic when comparing

Macaroni and CHeese

ROTINI (only pasta I am discussing) + Meat Sauce

Both are simplier with spoons.

But I tap out.

Back
Top Bottom