FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Have y’all ever bought food from people directly via Facebook? I don’t even use FB but I got on there to sell some **** on marketplace

I seen a post with some bomb looking tacos, I messaged her:

DF103CF8-2F8C-4492-BAFF-503F55B998F9.png

Have y’all ever bought food from people directly via Facebook? I don’t even use FB but I got on there to sell some **** on marketplace

I have folks that sell dinners on social media .

Before the internet, people used to sell foods from their trunks/homes.

You take a risk but if you trust the source, do your thing. Not sure I would.

But yes, it is common.

Selling food on social media is common. More on IG than Facebook tho. Selling food from IG is starting a whole wave of new black restaurants in LA

They pasture raised chickens? 👀👀👀

I haven’t looked into the technical definition, but my guess is that our backyard does not qualify as a ”pasture”. They do a lot of free-ranging within that space though.

I haven’t looked into the technical definition, but my guess is that our backyard does not qualify as a ”pasture”. They do a lot of free-ranging within that space though.
Pasture raised I believe refers to not confining them in cages and allowing them to feed off the ground like eating bugs, worms and all that

Pasture raised I believe refers to not confining them in cages and allowing them to feed off the ground like eating bugs, worms and all that

They definitely do that, although we have to buy freeze dried worms from the feed store. We also give them fresh vegetables like lettuce, corn, cabbage, etc.

Jerk salmon entree from the Jerk Spot in Culver City

Jerk Salmon, cabbage, and two measly *** plantains
DBF58A74-930B-42DD-A769-C877C9DCF091.jpeg
E5871A49-97F0-4EF6-A605-B9B017E3A3C0.jpeg

Did that place just open? I was driving through CC the other day and noticed what looked like a new Jamaican spot on Culver Blvd.

They definitely do that, although we have to buy freeze dried worms from the feed store. We also give them fresh vegetables like lettuce, corn, cabbage, etc.
I am interested in hearing about your chickens.

What inspired yall to make that move?

Do you name them? Get attached to them? Etc.

Did that place just open? I was driving through CC the other day and noticed what looked like a new Jamaican spot on Culver Blvd.
No it’s been there for a while now. Not sure how long but it’s not new

I am interested in hearing about your chickens.

What inspired yall to make that move?

Do you name them? Get attached to them? Etc.

Came about through happenstance more than anything. When my son was 8 or 9, an acquaintance of ours was doing a petting zoo at the Farmer’s Market in our neighborhood, which included 4 chickens. She asked my son to help out, both at the Petting Zoo and feeding the animals during the week at a the house where they were kept - just a few blocks from ours.

After about six months, she told us that she wasn’t going to do the petting zoo anymore and was moving the animals far away. My son had become really attached to the chickens by then, so we decided to buy a coop and take them in. Have had chickens at the house ever since, with the numbers increasing due to us taking in more birds that people didn’t want anymore.

I do consider them pets and they all get names. My son likes to sit with them on his lap, though some are much more tame and friendly than others.

We’d probably have them even if they didn’t lay eggs, but the eggs are a great bonus.

Back
Top Bottom