FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Maybe where they were staying didn't have electricity or something

It is just inconsiderate to the sacrifice made by the animals that died to feed us.

As well as to those that don't have it.

Even if food goes bad, man take it to a park or something for some strays to eat it. Feed it to the dog or something.

Never the Trash

I was mostly raised by them. I went without sometimes as a child. It’s insulting to see people just waste food.

Wasnt until high school my grandmother and mother were educated enough to have money.

I was just telling ahat ahat about how we ate beans so much I don’t even want to see it unless I have no choice.

Hmm...I read that and thought it was a part of the running joke in this thread.

Looking back at the SN, its obviously joke.

Got some reduced Beyond Burgers at the store this morning so tried out the replacement grill burners I fitted a few weeks ago. Did them with some regular burgers for an early dinner. Sorry, no after picture because it got dark as I was finishing. They’re uneven there because the burgers were frozen but by the end the Beyond Burgers looked, and tasted, good. Not sure I’d pay full price though - regular price is more than double a decent burger.

B346B6F2-AB9C-45D9-AC8E-9C82970B47C7.jpeg

beyond meat is more expensive than regular meat?

Yeah, it’s about $2 per burger even if you get a big pack in places like Costco.

You can get a decent burger for half of that at least.

Update on the Beyond Burger test - it was okay, I ate it first with some cheddar cheese and spicy Mayo, I enjoyed it - good flavor, decent texture, tasted fairly meaty.

Then I ate a regular burger after and it was much more tasty!

So, I wouldn’t complain if you gave me one -but I’d much rather have a meat burger.

Grocery store bakery donuts > dd

It's been forever since I walked into a dd. I don't think I'll ever have another donut from there. They just don't do it for me. They're convenient in a jam, but just about every other donut shop is better including grocery store bakeries.
Rather boutique donuts than Krispy Kreme
I agree. I don't really like Krispy Kreme as much as everyone does. The chocolate donut is ok, but I'm not really into glazed donuts. Not really into honeybuns either.

Back
Top Bottom