FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

We lost a ton of places here.

my wife’s spot sold their building and is going to close in feb.
It really, really sucks. I just don't know what other choice we have. It's very clear that restaurants are a hub for this, as the rate obviously goes down once they are closed. Our government has truly let the entire industry down at the end of the day though with their lack of financial assistance.

It really, really sucks. I just don't know what other choice we have. It's very clear that restaurants are a hub for this, as the rate obviously goes down once they are closed. Our government has truly let the entire industry down at the end of the day though with their lack of financial assistance.
Yeah it’s super wack. See we were already closed up here and our rates brought us to #1 with cases in the country. With closed restaurants and they were half that when they were open. I feel like with proper spacing it’s not that bad.

yeah don’t crowd in a bar but running a restaurant at 25 percent capacity is cool with me at least.

our governor is such a clown he won’t even let us sell cocktails to go. The government doesn’t care man, they really couldn’t care less and they’ve shown it. We got mall of America open like it’s any other day even for Black Friday but heaven forbid you want to sit down and have a burger and beer 10ft from the next person.

my wife and the owner sold the whole building. They might go with another restaurant with a pandemic format or just be done with it all since this state is determined to kill all small business.

Yeah it’s super wack. See we were already closed up here and our rates brought us to #1 with cases in the country. With closed restaurants and they were half that when they were open. I feel like with proper spacing it’s not that bad.

yeah don’t crowd in a bar but running a restaurant at 25 percent capacity is cool with me at least.

our governor is such a clown he won’t even let us sell cocktails to go. The government doesn’t care man, they really couldn’t care less and they’ve shown it. We got mall of America open like it’s any other day even for Black Friday but heaven forbid you want to sit down and have a burger and beer 10ft from the next person.

my wife and the owner sold the whole building. They might go with another restaurant with a pandemic format or just be done with it all since this state is determined to kill all small business.
Malls and stores definitely bring large groups of people together indoors, which isn't good, but you are also keeping your mask on the entire time while in them and the ventilation is far superior to city restaurants/bars.

Totally understand you with the proper spacing in restaurants and whatnot, as I have definitely eaten some indoor meals over the last few months in places that I felt comfortable in to a degree. I know going in that there is obviously still risk though.

yeah, I agree there. I’m not saying it’s the best idea or safest.

I’m just mad they can shut you down with no funding whatsoever. They shouldn’t be allowed to shut you down without paying the company and it’s employees.

our governor could at least let us do more liquor sales.

we were hustling mad booze during the first lock down then my wife (the gm) got scared. :lol:

Gonna be doing a trial run for Christmas so i ordered some prime rib from a local butcher and will be making on Saturday. Any tips on cooking the prime rib would be so helpful!

Last edited:
Lunch time!

Korean BBQ - All YouCan Eat (Iron Age)

8A831B1C-3580-4BA5-B443-C13B211A3F88.jpeg

Ew i just saw an ad about the McRib being back......like i would ever try something like that...are any of y'all McRib fans?

If there was a McBeyondMeatRib, then yes.

I believe McD’s was working on a deal with Impossible or Beyond before the pandemic hit, but it got derailed. They’re only of the only remaining big fast food chains that doesn’t offer a plant-based sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom