FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

^ that’s messed up. Lol

but I do hate that my husband never gives his honest opinion. Lol. The truth always comes from my 3 year old. He gives no dambs 🙄

In general, it is a defense mechanism. Keeping the peace can be more valuable than giving an honest opinion.

When it comes to food, (to me), that is a different story. Don't care if I hurt your feelings there. :lol:

^ that’s messed up. Lol

but I do hate that my husband never gives his honest opinion. Lol. The truth always comes from my 3 year old. He gives no dambs 🙄

Interesting. My wife has no qualms about letting me know if she doesn’t like something I’ve cooked. But she sort of tries to be nice about it, saying stuff like “yeah, it’s not the best thing you’ve ever made.” Or will go passive/aggressive “did you follow the recipe correctly?”

:lol:

*Edit - and to be fair to her, when she’s likes someone she’s very complimentary, which is way more often the case than not.

Last edited:
In general, it is a defense mechanism. Keeping the peace can be more valuable than giving an honest opinion.

When it comes to food, (to me), that is a different story. Don't care if I hurt your feelings there. :lol:

It’s food only. Never picked up on it in anything else. He knows I like to cook so I guess he dosent want to hurt my feelings but I can’t be out here thinking I’m a good cook when I’m mid at best. Lol

Can your husband cook

hell no. And neither can anyone in his family. He always says everything is good. But when I cook something I don’t usually cook (trying to experiment). I’ll ask days later and he will be like “oh it was salty or it was dry etc”

Interesting. My wife has no qualms about letting me know if she doesn’t like something I’ve cooked. But she sort of tries to be nice about it, saying stuff like “yeah, it’s not the best thing you’ve ever made.” Or will go passive/aggressive “did you follow the recipe correctly?”

:lol:

*Edit - and to be fair to her, when she’s likes someone she’s very complimentary, which is way more often the case than not.

I would hate that man. :lol:

What dishes have you tasted that he or his family prepared made you come to that conclusion

For starters his family spoiled him and always cooked for him when he was single/dating. Or he ate out. He tried to make me eggs once and legit put cinnamon in them. Not sure if this was ignorance or his attempt to be funny. But trust me the man can’t cook. Which is disturbing because it’s a life skill. Our kids will know how to cook. My son already loves helping me out.

Not even going to get into his family. Let’s just say the aunts called themselves “helping me” make thanksgiving one year and all I could eat was what I made.

luckily we spend one day a week focusing on him learning how to cook simple dishes now for the kids. So he’s got breakfast down working on easy dinners now.

For starters his family spoiled him and always cooked for him when he was single/dating. Or he ate out. He tried to make me eggs once and legit put cinnamon in them not sure if this was ignorance or his attempt to be funny. But trust me the man can’t cook. Which is disturbing because it’s a life skill.

Not even going to get into his family. Let’s just say the aunts called themselves “helping me” make thanksgiving one year and all I could eat was what I made.

luckily we spend one day a week focusing on him learning how to cook simple dishes now for the kids. So he’s got breakfast down working on easy dinners now.
Can he grill?

Agreed. If you don't wash your meat(#Pause) and offer me food, I will reject it. Anything that looks off will have me turned off. I remember I went to a house warming once and went to the bathroom and saw a plunger just leaned up at the side. Not in container or bag, just leaned up next to the tub and it was clearly used. I washed my hands and rejected all offers for food and left early.

20210203_144035.jpg

Chubbies Burgers https://yelp.to/haYrW5SAAdb

Great pic.

That don’t go? :lol:. Just ordered from Brown Rice Korean Grill. Seem like a good combo to me 🤷🏾‍♂️

I guess when I see someone eating TOfu, that is in the complete absence of eating animal flesh.

I guess it would be like smoking a cigarette in the hospital.

Back
Top Bottom