FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

41D01FD6-E5B4-4C69-88E0-E4B1A8783FAD.jpeg

Got a frozen cheese pizza from Trader Joseph. Added pepperonis, onions, and Mike's hot honey. Great crisp. Will definitely be getting those more often. Think it's better than the crusts I normally buy.

Got the other KFC, 50 cent wings, 2 dozen. Leftover Little Caesars pepperoni pizza ate at the park earlier. #goodeatin' #superbowl

Hopefully that's lump charcoal because it looks like it is. If so, good choice because it burns better and longer. It's also somewhat more natural so to speak. It will definitely make your food smell and taste better with all that smoke seeping in it.

Thankfully I learned briquette charcoal sucks years ago. It takes a long time to burn thoroughly. And having to add lighter fluid to burn it isn't good because you're basically eating it with the vapors seeping into the food along with the chemicals already soaked into the briquettes.

A chimney starter is great and efficient, but briquettes still suck regardless because they're soaked with a boatload of chemicals that you'll be tasting with the vapors seeping into your food.

I personally haven't tasted that. Which brands do you use?

I was more so pushing back against the Lighter FLuid suggesstion.

A chimney starter is great and efficient, but briquettes still suck regardless because they're soaked with a boatload of chemicals that you'll be tasting with the vapors seeping into your food.

Only the cheap ones - most are just compressed charcoal. Definitely stay away from instant light ones but the advantage of briquettes is their consistency.

Back
Top Bottom