FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Smothered Green Beans and potatoes over rice
B46CFEBC-2615-4976-BD0E-4491C5C7FBA3.jpeg
767D7AF4-956D-4DE4-BC4F-A2BC31897CFD.jpeg
03B89C1A-37AC-42BE-8F63-48ECA5345311.jpeg

What makes them "smothered?"

It’s a cooking technique. Cooking food and covering it with moderate liquid. Similar to braising but the liquid is reduced to a gravy like consistency.

I thought that was the typical way to cook SOuthern Styled String Beans.

Just never heard it referred as SMothered.

Both are true. The technique of smothering is a Cajun/Creole thing according to what I’ve read in the past so it’s normal down there.

My folks from home overly smoother them. I’ll have to post pics when I get a plate. Potatoes be so soft it melts in your mouth. Pause.

My folks from home overly smoother them. I’ll have to post pics when I get a plate. Potatoes be so soft it melts in your mouth. Pause.
I can imagine. The recipe I used when I first made them called for like triple the amount of liquid to use :lol: . I like my sauces a little thicker to I had to scale it down.

Should I get Costco pizza or CFA? 🤔
I'm biased due to accessibility reasons, but I'm gonna say Costco pizza unless you live somewhere where there's actual good pizza.

Korean BBQ fell through, but steakhouse is a nice consolation prize. We're doing porterhouse for 2, mushrooms, creamed spinach, and garlic mashed potatoes for dinner. Appetizer help is appreciated though.

Also wondering if they're gonna be enforcing a dress code. Haven't had an issue since the pandemic started, but now things are picking back up in NY. It seems crazy to me considering their industry just got ravaged for an entire year, but I'm gonna throw on a spite sweater just in case.

I'm biased due to accessibility reasons, but I'm gonna say Costco pizza unless you live somewhere where there's actual good pizza.

Korean BBQ fell through, but steakhouse is a nice consolation prize. We're doing porterhouse for 2, mushrooms, creamed spinach, and garlic mashed potatoes for dinner. Appetizer help is appreciated though.

Also wondering if they're gonna be enforcing a dress code. Haven't had an issue since the pandemic started, but now things are picking back up in NY. It seems crazy to me considering their industry just got ravaged for an entire year, but I'm gonna throw on a spite sweater just in case.
What's on the seafood platter? I'd go with that and/or one of the shrimp apps. French onion soup any good? Caesar or wedge salad...

What's on the seafood platter? I'd go with that and/or one of the shrimp apps. French onion soup any good? Caesar or wedge salad...
I'd imagine it's gonna be a mix of the shrimp/lump crab cocktail, clams, and oysters.

Love French onion soup, but we're probably gonna opt for something a little lighter outside of the salad category. Might do shrimp cocktail or baked clams.

Just had the new Zaxby's chicken sandwich. **** looked good as hell, but it was a lot of breading and the chicken was dry :smh:. I'll give it 1 more shot, but so far doesn't come close to Popeyes sandwich

Back
Top Bottom