FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Breqkfast

Salmon Pattie (Trident: Costcos)
Egg
Just transitioned from green to yellow plantain
Minced cauliflower
Trader Joe's Jalapeno Pepper Sauce

20210730_075214.jpg

Just use Tabasco Hot Sauce next time. 8)

I can’t eat mangos. The texture and flavor just don’t do it for me. In terms of flavor, my mom forcing me to drink kiwi mango Snapple’s as a kid ****ed it up for me I think. But the texture doesn’t work for me either now. Papaya is the other fruit I just don’t get down with.

I’ll use Original Tobasco when I just want to kick up the heat level of certain things without impacting the flavor much. Usually things like soup. It’s good for that because it doesn’t have much of its own flavor.

Not crazy about it.

If I'm using a Tabasco variant, it's chipotle. Grossly underrated condiment.
Yea, I forget about that one.

Since I am forced to use it @ Chipotle, since they don't carry anything else I care for (Cayenne Pepper Sauce).

The Chipotle flavor is solid. Nice smokes.

But regular, nah. Never.

I'd rather use Cayenne Pepper sauce on fried fish green rhino123 green rhino123

my Brothers gf just got back from Belize and brought me one of these back.

might have to do some Belizean for dinner

1744__93384.1561922858.jpg

$5 from A street vendor on Fulton street.
3B56E7E6-AC9F-4089-8825-14BE034CAF99.jpeg
These are an all-time favorite of mine. The ones they have in the states never compare to fresh ones I get back home

Loved them as a kid, my mom used to always think I would choke to death so she used to feed them to me :lol:

When my dad would take me to the beach on Sundays he would buy a bag for us to share. We would sit on the beach watching the waves, eating, joking, and smacking my back when I eventually almost choke on one :lol:

Whenever I visit his grave when I am back home, afterward I buy myself a bag and go sit on the beach and think of him

These are an all-time favorite of mine. The ones they have in the states never compare to fresh ones I get back home

Loved them as a kid, my mom used to always think I would choke to death so she used to feed them to me :lol:

When my dad would take me to the beach on Sundays he would buy a bag for us to share. We would sit on the beach watching the waves, eating, joking, and smacking my back when I eventually almost choke on one :lol:

Whenever I visit his grave when I am back home, afterward I buy myself a bag and go sit on the beach and think of him

Whatare they?

Whatare they?
Different places call them different things. In Lucia they are called ackee, in Jamaica ackee is something completely different. There are a ton of names for it depending on the country. The American name for them I believe is Spanish limes.

The green part is a soft smell you can easily bite open. Inside is a hard seed surrounded by a mostly sweet, but also slightly sour, orange pulp.

One of the best-tasting fruits IMO, if you can get a good batch.

Different places call them different things. In Lucia they are called ackee, in Jamaica ackee is something completely different. There are a ton of names for it depending on the country. The American name for them I believe is Spanish limes.

The green part is a soft smell you can easily bite open. Inside is a hard seed surrounded by a mostly sweet, but also slightly sour, orange pulp.

One of the best-tasting fruits IMO, if you can get a good batch.

Yeah it's "guinep" in Jamaica.

Man. What a story. I appreciate the nostalgia you just gave. Very humbling. God bless your dad.

Back
Top Bottom