FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

been drinking diet soda a lot less recently... I don't eat out as often and more importantly my mini fridge in my room where I keep the diet soda is broken... and as much as I love diet soda it makes me more full while having with a meal compared to water which I drink more of now...

rooster rooster

I come in peace.

When it comes to the "breaking down of Grease" theory, does Diet Soda hold the same powers as Real Soda?

I come in peace, just trying to pick your brain.

rooster rooster

I come in peace.

When it comes to the "breaking down of Grease" theory, does Diet Soda hold the same powers as Real Soda?

I come in peace, just trying to pick your brain.
Why yes it does
It’s all about the carbonation(fizz)
Independent studies have shown that drinking sugary drinks like coke it’s better to do it with food
Coke with food
Diet coke by itself
The coke with the food break down all the enzymes so it doesn’t stick to your teeth resulting in tartar
If you don’t have dental insurance I recommend using a straw

TJs pickup
1DFB3B34-705B-439E-90A6-D9C108D52C98.jpeg

Homemade Sfogliatelle

Candied oranges (the day before)
993E3BF0-81BD-4061-BD89-0B03F87B5F4F.jpeg
02AE96D3-89E9-442F-8357-69FD408FDB58.jpeg

Water, semolina flour, honey
37085DD2-09B7-4DC4-BAD2-2DAA8F443450.jpeg

391F2300-A235-4132-A091-015CAD9C6AFF.jpeg

Dough folded multiple times and rolled
9E410F23-8773-4976-83E4-3221FF41F65B.jpeg

Filling- Whole milk, sugar, semolina flour, ricotta, candied orange, vanilla, egg, pinch of cinnamon
397A7FAF-D009-470F-9334-BF467C2809A1.jpeg

Assembled
FE05DB7C-4D8D-4BBD-B3B7-9857AD6BE58D.jpeg

Finished with powdered sugar
2496501B-F4E8-4198-8878-43CDD9225841.jpeg

Last edited:
Gluttonous meals today. Broke up some concrete and took it to the dump in between these, so decent trade off.

SEC from El Bagel
608DB40F-4FEF-47A5-AAE5-0AA8674CE601.jpeg

Pepperoni, sausage, garlic from Frankie’s pizza for the games today. They give you option to get it half baked.
D1637ADC-A45C-44DF-9C45-1FFB909B4250.jpeg

[
[/QUOTE]
Been a while since I've had some pizza. Always go with Pizza Hut though.

Do you actually prefer Pizza Hut’s pizza over all other places you’ve tried or it’s just more convenient for you?

I come in peace.

I usually order from chain pizza joints, so it's either Papa John's or Pizza Hut majority of the time. Don't like Dominos and haven't ate at Little Caesar's in years.

I've tried others but feel like it's always a bit pricier than the two listed above.

I usually order from chain pizza joints, so it's either Papa John's or Pizza Hut majority of the time. Don't like Dominos and haven't ate at Little Caesar's in years.

I've tried others but feel like it's always a bit pricier than the two listed above.
jape jape

1632100676658.png

I get that jar sauce has a place but it’s so much better when you make your own.

Buy canned San Marzano tomatoes, buy a food mill and crush them into sauce. Heat up olive oil and simmer in basil and garlic. Pour in the milled tomatoes and bring it to heavy boil. Just salt. You don’t need to add any spices. That kind of sauce is authentic to Italy. Just like you would find at an Italian restaurant. Simple ingredients made fresh beats jar sauce every time.

This video caught my attention, I made the sauce exactly the way that he he did in the video. It came out fantastic! There’s also a video that he made broccolini, I made that too. Underneath is some top sirloin that I put a heavy brown on then finished it in the crockpot.
F014C5F2-4EE7-4579-ABA8-F0C0CEAE0583.jpeg

im gonna start doing this

is a food mill necessary though? what else do yall use it for?
im trying to limit the number of appliances i have in the kitchen

Reactions: ARK
Actually did bolognese today too but couldn't wait 4 hours, still delicious though. I just use my food processor/chopper, don't have a mill. Added some cento san marzano tomatoes, swear they taste better than some fresh tomatoes.

This video caught my attention, I made the sauce exactly the way that he he did in the video. It came out fantastic! There’s also a video that he made broccolini, I made that too. Underneath is some top sirloin that I put a heavy brown on then finished it in the crockpot.

YEAH!!!! The sauce is so good. That looks great. I made aglio e olio with broccoli one night and that was really good too. Keep going!

im gonna start doing this

is a food mill necessary though? what else do yall use it for?
im trying to limit the number of appliances i have in the kitchen

You can use it for anything you want to get sauce out of really. It works wonders for the cans of San Marzano tomatoes. I would think you could use it to make fruit purées as well. Make a panna cotta dessert and pour the purée over the panna cotta. You can use it for potatoes too. Cool them beforehand then milk them and *** milk/cream and butter for mashed.

Actually did bolognese today too but couldn't wait 4 hours, still delicious though. I just use my food processor/chopper, don't have a mill. Added some cento san marzano tomatoes, swear they taste better than some fresh tomatoes.

Did you make it with his Bolognese recipe then substitute tomatoes for the paste?

Gonna try this recipe since I have some wagyu ground beef. But I might use a pasta other than spaghetti

Back
Top Bottom