FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I was just joking. DTLA is fine. Just stay away from Skid Row

As far as recommendations:

Yeah, you'll almost certainly see some homeless people acting strangely when Downtown, but like tay1 tay1 said it doesn't get to the level of unsafe unless you wind up on Skid Row. Basically, if you see tent encampments on the street, stay away.

I don't have occassion to eat in DTLA to often, but a few places that come to mind are:

The Pantry - for breakfast. It's somewhat famous and usually has a line to get in. If I'm being honest the food is good, but not spectacular. But its one of those you can say you went there kind of spots.

El Cholo (the one near Crypto Arena (formerly Staples Center)- for Mexican.

10e - Mediterranean (fallafel, schwarma, etc.).

First time ordering food from my Hispanic deli / bodega. Chicharron and beans and rice under. Gonna be my new go to spot, gonna try their heroes : sandwiches next.
C91C3E7F-40D3-4804-A148-CE22ABD96AB1.jpeg

yup and different people value authenticity differently depending on the cuisine.
there's levels of bastardization and chains obviously the worst of the worst in that regard.
like chipotle
I’ve never tasted Chipotle in my entire life.

Taking an overnight trip to the city to be tourists with my kiddos. Any suggestions on where to have a cool dinner. We are staying right in time square.

Why do you have to keep the beans seperate

Beans and rice that have been mixed together for a considerable amount of time don't taste nearly as good as beans and rice that were just mixed together. Unless it's moro, which is specifically prepared that way. But I've never been a big fan of moro (unless it's moro de gandules).

Koreatown is in that midtown / times square area. Find a Korean chicken wings place if you craving some #superior.

Haven’t eaten at ihop in maybe 10 years? They just opened one up about 2 minutes away from my house. Gonna be tempting…..

B Sox B Sox

WIll probably be out COlumbia later today.

Can you give me somewhere to eat?

No disrespect.

Seafood, BUrgers, Thai are the desirables.

Back
Top Bottom