FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I was asleep, woke up like at 4 and immediately knew I had to puke. At the same time I knew I wasn't going to make it to the restroom. I remember the trash can was in the corner, I was so drunk, I went to the wrong corner :smh:

That's what I get for being lazy and not putting my shoes away right after wearing them :lol:

Someone mentioned Katz's Deli in the LES. I was just there yesterday. Pastrami is so delicious!

Any Miami heads in here? I'll be there 13-15th next week. Need grubbing spots, I'll be staying in South Beach...

^^^

Yardbird (great chicken+waffles), Moshi Moshi (good cheap sushi), Puerto Sagua (good cheap Cuban).

Totally forgot I had dinner at Blue Ribbon Sushi on Friday. Another dope spot in LES.

Oxtail Fried Rice, Pork Belly skewers, Beef Tenderloin Skewers were all crazy.

Their Fried Chicken is amazing as well.

Failed on pics all weekend....

Any Miami heads in here? I'll be there 13-15th next week. Need grubbing spots, I'll be staying in South Beach...
Miami here. Lots of Cuban/Nica/Dominican/Colombian, aside from that nothing much. I don't know of any spots in particular by South Beach but if you find any Colombian place, the burgers are 
nthat.gif
. Never disappoints. 

Last edited:
Chalan is also a dope Peruvian spot. Big, not too expensive plates.

Le Sanwicherie for more inexpensive late night eats.

Joe's Stone Crab opens for the season in October. That **** is flames.

Last edited:
I actually went to the 626 night market for the first time on the 4th.

Never been a fan of food stand/truck type foods and my opinion hasn't changed. The idea of overpaying for mediocre food doesn't sit well with me. Nor does paying an entrance fee to overpay for mediocre food. Nor does waiting in long lines for the more popular stands. No food item stood out for me

Overall thought it was cool to just experience it, but I probably won't be going back
I've been to both 626 night market and OC night market handful of times because my friend has a booth.

The worst crap show, same stuff to eat every single time too. Way too crowded and to get the 'popular' food, expect to wait 45 mins - 1 hr. Ramen burger, over hour easy...

The stinky tofu always kills my appetite 
mean.gif

Was in Chicago over the weekend 

Went to Gino's and honestly it was a little underwhelming. Had calamari, wings, and a half Meaty Legend/Supreme deep dish. I actually liked the pizza more when I ate leftovers the next day lol.

Caramel apple at the Navy Pier

Oreo Fudge also at the Navy Pier

Lavender vanilla and coconut almond iced lattes from HERO Coffee Bar.

Watermelon with balsamic vinegar and feta cheese from an outdoor restaurant in Millennium Park. This was surprisingly good, my sister ordered it for the two of us

American Burger with potato chips and a Brooklyn Summer Ale 

I actually went to the 626 night market for the first time on the 4th.

Never been a fan of food stand/truck type foods and my opinion hasn't changed. The idea of overpaying for mediocre food doesn't sit well with me. Nor does paying an entrance fee to overpay for mediocre food. Nor does waiting in long lines for the more popular stands. No food item stood out for me

Overall thought it was cool to just experience it, but I probably won't be going back

I've been to both 626 night market and OC night market handful of times because my friend has a booth.

The worst crap show, same stuff to eat every single time too. Way too crowded and to get the 'popular' food, expect to wait 45 mins - 1 hr. Ramen burger, over hour easy...

The stinky tofu always kills my appetite :smh:

stinky tofu is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

my fam in taipei right now and they sending me snaps of the food they're eating. :smh:

making me feel some type of way. :smh:

Last edited:
100 Montaditos in Manhattan. Cheap spot for great mini sandwiches and drinks. But I got this earlier after I had my meal.

Oreo x Nutella x whip cream x Cookie bun

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom