FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

20220303_204339.jpg

Bird and Bao out in Patchogue last night.

Sweet Heat: crispy chicken, sweet chili sauce, pickled daikon/carrot, cilantro, peanut
Black Bird: crispy chicken, black vinegar glaze, black sesame, pickled red onion, chili mayo, cilantro, peanut
Patch-Hog: pork belly, kimchi, cilantro, peanut

9FEBDEC1-DD4B-439C-B209-F00A2C0D1B4A.jpeg

Also got crushed cucumber salad and crispy Brussels that were excellent.

Overall good story.

Those shrimp stuffing muffins looked good as hell.

Watch "We met at a half-way house 17 years ago. Now he owns a restaurant that I was filming at. Must Watch!" on YouTube

re: "you ain't going to the right spot anyway"

I think it's simple math.

The more items you have in your burrito, the less amount you will get per item.

If there is MORE rice in the burrito, human nature will generally put less of every other item that is requested to be placed in the burrito.

I am simply saying rice being the dominant/most pronounced item in your burrito is playing into the hands of the business.

That's all.

Rice HAS a place in a burrito but it's just in a John Paxon / BJ Armstrong role vs. being even a Dennis Rodman.

The protein is the main draw of the burrito or any wrapped food.
I concur. I only like certain types of rice in my burritos. Never any beans and I always ask for very light rice. Which is really the approx amount of rice you should have in a burrito.

I stopped going to surf side because although they have good rice, they load their burritos up. Smh and when I say light rice my burrito be looking like a taquito.

Best rice gotta be from Juan pollo

Back
Top Bottom