FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

You just made the deadline. It expires tomorrow.

Yeah, I’ve been putting it off for some reason…

Didn’t like to waste it but I won’t be buying that one again. Their other stuff is pretty good for an easy lunch. That wasn’t terrible - but it wasn’t good.

Take out from our local chain Mexican place tonight - pretty good as usual. The guy recognised me as a regular (although I’ve probably only been once a month since late last year) and they were out of the chili I’d ordered so he threw in some of their GF vegan orange and dark chocolate brownies.

Pretty good and the best part is that only one of my kids wanted one and my wife doesn’t like orange with chocolate so I’ve just eaten 3…

ABBF99AF-E719-43B2-858E-EED1F87C3032.jpeg
any pictures of the mexican food you had?

you're in the UK right? Curious to see what you had

nah, just curious lol I know he's mentioned he's in the UK so was wondering what kind of dishes they brought over.
Think he’s in Scotland specifically, so I am also very curious about the Scottish version of Mexican food.

Think he’s in Scotland specifically, so I am also very curious about the Scottish version of Mexican food.

I don’t have a picture from this time - think I’ve posted it before though.

It’s actually a thing I have struggled with - I’ve been searching for a good Mexican takeaway for a few years - and so far coming up pretty dry. For obvious reasons of geography we’ve never had much Mexican immigration - Indian, Chinese, Thai and Korean restaurants are everywhere - but Mexican is unusual.

I also have a couple of picky kids right now and the complaints get annoying if we get something different.

I used to have a favourite but the pandemic killed it. I don’t know how authentic it was but it was tasty - and they made their own tortilla chips which were really good.

The place I have been going recently seems to be a small chain - but pretty good.

They do what is typical for here I think:

Burrito
Quesadilla
Nachos
Rice bowl
Salad bowl

With a few toppings:

Chicken
Chili
Pulled pork
Haggis (yeah, you weren’t expecting that were you!?)
Couple of veggie options

And then the usual guacamole, sour cream, cheese, 3 salsas…

The nearest I can think it’s like that I have had in the US is Chipotle - same sort of limited options for people who don’t want to be too adventurous.

I’m not sure that I’ve ever had good authentic Mexican in my life - my sister was in NM and is now in Northern California but since they’ve been there I haven’t been able to visit.

Next time I’ll take a picture and you can all tell me what I’m missing out on.

I feel like Mexican food is more popular that any other food here.

Even the most whitest country people I know are down to crush some Lengua tacos.

There’s alot of things I’m sure he has there that we’d be jealous of too though.

We just are so used to it we freak out if you don’t have any Mexican food near by.

Back
Top Bottom