FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Sal and Carmine’s
101 + Broadway
118981B3-2526-4C5A-BE8B-A6F78287B74D.jpeg

Went to 5G 2 weeks ago for the first time in over 5-6 years and damn it was expensive. It was like $10 for a regular double.

Higher than the SHake SHacks and doesn't taste as good by any stretch.

Always get a small fry because it is enough for 2 people.

I know the words but I’ve never had it.

But you’ve never had a pizza crunch washed down with Irn Bru have you?

1650404906741.jpeg
Is that... battered... fried... pizza?

I'm going to give off reaaalll 'pretentious food snob' vibes if I comment further.

And it's nothing against you at all. You're good people. Known you on here for years. Our kids grew up together.* And none of us chose where we were born and usually we stay there. But British cuisine, not gonna lie, from what I know... look, battered, fried pizza? I'm already a pizza snob, and I hate fried food. I do.

Now what's this Irn Bru? Mind you, if it's alcohol, I'm out on that, too. 😂😬

*No, people: They didn't. That's just a thing people say in movies so I said it.

-foe

Is that... battered... fried... pizza?

I'm going to give off reaaalll 'pretentious food snob' vibes if I comment further.

And it's nothing against you at all. You're good people. Known you on here for years. Our kids grew up together.* And none of us chose where we were born and usually we stay there. But British cuisine, not gonna lie, from what I know... look, battered, fried pizza? I'm already a pizza snob, and I hate fried food. I do.

Now what's this Irn Bru? Mind you, if it's alcohol, I'm out on that, too. 😂😬

*No, people: They didn't. That's just a thing people say in movies so I said it.

-foe

Yeah, a pizza crunch is a cheap frozen pizza dipped in batter and deep fried - it’s stereotypically bad Scottish food.

We do have a lot of good Italian food - a lot of Italians settled here after WW2.

Irn Bru isn’t alcohol - it’s pop/soda. It’s bright orange and I don’t know if I can describe the taste. It used to be better before they brought in a tax on stuff like that so most brands changed to artificial sweeteners. Goes great with fried food though.

1650410268518.jpeg

At least one of your people likes it.

1650410397355.jpeg

Its like my guy rooster rooster used to say. You gotta get soda when eating fried food. Helps break it down.

LLR

Legit one of the funniest takes in the Food Chat history. :lol:

The carbonated water in soda(coke)aka the fizz helps break down the chicken grease in fried chicken resulting in happy stomach and more consumption
It’s absolutely critical with the biscuits

Why yes it does
It’s all about the carbonation(fizz)
Independent studies have shown that drinking sugary drinks like coke it’s better to do it with food
Coke with food
Diet coke by itself
The coke with the food break down all the enzymes so it doesn’t stick to your teeth resulting in tartar
If you don’t have dental insurance I recommend using a straw

Shake shack def has better burgers than 5 guys but their fries are absolute trash. 5 guys has some really good fries. Had both within the last month so comparison is fair.

Not a fan of the crinkle cuts?

It’s not that it’s crinkle cut. It’s just that it reminds me of cheap grocery store frozen fries I would eat as a kid or with Chinese food and I just was never a fan. 5 guys has probably the most natural fries since they freshly cut their potatoes. Nothing beats that to me.

I’ve had one jaritos in my fridge for like 6 months my daughter got and never drank.

Soda isn’t my thing.
It bet'not be mango. 😋 I'm not a huge soda guy, but that wouldn't last 6 minutes unclaimed in my fridge.

Even if it were claimed, 10 minutes tops. 😬

-foe

Fruit punch, it’s not like it taste bad to me I just don’t drink it much.

Kind of like cake, it’s not gross to me but I just don’t eat it except like 2x a year.

Back
Top Bottom