FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Not trying to argue, legit asking.
I always wonder when people say things like this do they mean it is ABSOLUTELY the best part or is it a welcoming part of the entire chicken experience.

Would You just eat chicken skins by themselves outside of a chicken being present more often than you would eat skinless thighs?

Question is for all, "Skin is the best part" folks.

You’re basically correct - skin on thighs are much better than skinless. Skin on its own isn’t any good though.

20220424_022951.jpg

Hit it with some Frank's. Should have toasted the bread but still solid.

Tacotlan is :emoji_fire:. Haven't been to Rubi's tho. Will have to make a visit there. What do you recommend?

Rubi’s al pastor and carne asada quesadillas are amazing. The quesadillas are more like tacos with cheese then the typical quesadilla I’m used to. The best part is the tortilla though. Made fresh in-house. They have a brick and mortar location now on 18th just East of blue island. Used to only be open at the Maxwell street market. Worth a stop if you’re in the area but maybe not worth the trek if you’re coming from the north side/burbs.

Rubi’s al pastor and carne asada quesadillas are amazing. The quesadillas are more like tacos with cheese then the typical quesadilla I’m used to. The best part is the tortilla though. Made fresh in-house. They have a brick and mortar location now on 18th just East of blue island. Used to only be open at the Maxwell street market. Worth a stop if you’re in the area but maybe not worth the trek if you’re coming from the north side/burbs.
Thanks. I'll stop in sometime. I still live down south. It's only a 14min drive. But a lot of my family and friends are up north. I spend a good amount of time there.

Went to a brewery last night and had some quesitacos…

Pretty fire. Asada, chicken, chorizo & papa. Not the best pic. Apparently these guys have a pretty good following

DFB31-BFD-9998-49-D3-868-A-0-E5-E7-F075-FB6.jpg

Ain’t gon lie at quick glance them tortillas looked like some blue waffle ish

Need a Blackstone bad. Still making smashburgers on a small cast iron flat top that I put on a gas grill. Definitely doesn’t retain heat as well as Blackstone does, so I can only make 6 at a time and need to let it heat back up before I can throw another batch on.

I should be moving sometime in May though, so I’ll have a few bigger fishes to fry before I can make that a reality.

Yeah I've done cast iron on a gas grill and it's hard to keep it hot enough

I do them on the stove for the most part. Today was the first time I've actually grilled burgers in a min

I got a rectec bullseye. It’s not that spendy anc gets to 700.

You can throw a cast iron in that, grill or smoke.

You don’t have the real estate of a flat top though.

Back
Top Bottom