FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I'm filipino so we always have leftover rice and this is what my mom does and what I do.

Put some oil in a pan and fry some minced garlic until golden brown.
Remove garlic and cook rice in the "garlic oil" until brown. Put fried garlic back in the pan with the rice.

You can add whatever. I add eggs.
If I making it as a meal I'll add chopped up spam cooked with brown sugar.
Garlic rice :pimp:

Longanisa in the morning with a sunny side up egg, yolk broken over the garlic rice.

I spent a lot of mornings eating that..

53B2AA79-5A54-4303-8578-89BC4C1DE2A5.jpeg

F66989F2-6D47-4C66-A7CC-AC8FEA525C54.jpeg

6EEF498A-5D8A-4393-B2C6-919AC5BAEFDF.jpeg

324DD7DC-647B-4DF2-9F0C-DC322EF84F23.jpeg

Duck confit
Bouillabaisse
Chocolate torte
Creme brulee

Attachments

• 6CDF45C4-A0DA-40AC-B63F-DA335D4FD0D5.jpeg
    6CDF45C4-A0DA-40AC-B63F-DA335D4FD0D5.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 34
I'm filipino so we always have leftover rice and this is what my mom does and what I do.

Put some oil in a pan and fry some minced garlic until golden brown.
Remove garlic and cook rice in the "garlic oil" until brown. Put fried garlic back in the pan with the rice.

You can add whatever. I add eggs.
If I making it as a meal I'll add chopped up spam cooked with brown sugar.

Im Trillapino also, thats what my mom taught me also but I dont take the garlic out really. I should try that since sometimes it get burnt, though I kinda like it burnt lol.

Id make sugar (candied I guess) bacon but never spam. A lil brown sugar on the spam? Hmm...I might just try that out.

Im Trillapino also, thats what my mom taught me also but I dont take the garlic out really. I should try that since sometimes it get burnt, though I kinda like it burnt lol.

Id make sugar (candied I guess) bacon but never spam. A lil brown sugar on the spam? Hmm...I might just try that out.
Damn this just reminded me of Trillapino Trapstar :wow: wonder if hes still around

This place by me has duck fried rice. It’s expensive but it’s full of 🦆 and I’d say it’s worthy of a main course or splitting it with someone who gets something else because it’s a ton of food.

Im a noob at cooking, whats the ratio of powder to cups of rice?

I dont have any precise measurements. I basically use seasonings while frying and tasting until I feel like it tastes good enough without elevating my BP.

A more important question is cups of rice to water level when you initially boil the rice.

I’ll be heading out to Houston/Dallas next month for like a week. Any must try spots out there that I should check out?’

Back
Top Bottom