FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Kebab over rice for lunch from my local spot, Shirazi.
20240602_145301.jpg

1717373917632.png

I mean I feel like a restaurant having a rice cooker is a tad different :lol:

But I also recognize that I’m definitely not eating as much rice as some other folks. Probably make like 2-3 cups a week.

The stovetop space argument is definitely legit though. I get it.
Every immigrant Asian household I’ve ever stepped foot in uses a rice cooker.

It’s so much easier to set it and forget it. I was making mine in a pot for a while before a family member got me a my rice cooker.. I won’t go back :lol:

44D8D721-39FF-491A-9DC1-17FB6937E0D6.jpeg

F3F37693-75CB-4DE7-B293-FF0CDCE09D4C.jpeg

3A989982-DA50-45DE-AE92-C08D927FA5D8.jpeg

C44661BE-38DA-4C33-B690-E4F3930F0428.jpeg

Ugly/misshaped pizza night

Didn’t get a good rise out of the dough for some reason

Also failed the launch on that last pie pictured :lol: Could’ve ended up much worse

Everything tasted good at least
Use to happen to me. I took a pizza making class and one trick I learned was to shape my pizza on the parchment paper. Slide the pizza peel under the paper and then put it in the oven. After a few mins take the parchment paper out. That one trick was worth the price. I would get a near perfect circle but once I slid the pizza off the peel onto the pizza stone, it took a mind of its own.

Meal prep for the week. Lamb meatballs, tabouille, baba ganoush, hummus and garlic. My jiu jitsu training partners gone have to deal with the breath all week and I don't care.

1000019077.jpg

i rarely get perfectly round pies when i try to do those. glad they all tasted good :pimp:

I was on a decent run of relatively round pies too before taking some months off :lol:

But yeah nothing wrong at all with rustic pizza

Use to happen to me. I took a pizza making class and one trick I learned was to shape my pizza on the parchment paper. Slide the pizza peel under the paper and then put it in the oven. After a few mins take the parchment paper out. That one trick was worth the price. I would get a near perfect circle but once I slid the pizza off the peel onto the pizza stone, it took a mind of its own.

I'm using a pizza oven so can't do the parchment trick. My main issues are in the shaping stage. I usually have trouble getting stickier doughs out of their containers and from there it's all downhill

For the most part though I've alleviated my issues with pies sticking to the peel when trying to launch. The launch issue I had yesterday was all user error :lol:

Left over steak and rice with Trader Joe’s scallion pancakes and cheese.
I was on a decent run of relatively round pies too before taking some months off :lol:

I'm using a pizza oven so can't do the parchment trick. My main issues are in the shaping stage. I usually have trouble getting stickier doughs out of their containers and from there it's all downhill

For the most part though I've alleviated my issues with pies sticking to the peel when trying to launch. The launch issue I had yesterday was all user error :lol:
Do you have a wood or steel peel. Mine is steel. Thinking about getting a wood one. Online I see people having great results using cornmeal. I’m not a fan of using cornmeal.

Do you use semolina or cornmeal on your peel? I have problems with the transfer sometimes and thinking I should try those out.

Do you have a wood or steel peel. Mine is steel. Thinking about getting a wood one. Online I see people having great results using cornmeal. I’m not a fan of using cornmeal.

I was using a perforated steel peel for a while. I bought this wood one which I used for the first time yesterday

I like it. Seems a little less prone to sticking than the metal. It's also nice having multiple peels in general and keeping the steel designated for removing from the oven

Yeah people swear by cornmeal but I haven't tried it

Do you use semolina or cornmeal on your peel? I have problems with the transfer sometimes and thinking I should try those out.

I've used semolina but usually end up using the same flour that I make the dough with (00 pizza flour)

I'd worry about cornmeal messing with the flavor though it's probably not noticeable if you aren't OD with it. A mix of cornmeal/semolina might do the trick

I was using a perforated steel peel for a while. I bought this wood one which I used for the first time yesterday

I like it. Seems a little less prone to sticking than the metal. It's also nice having multiple peels in general and keeping the steel designated for removing from the oven

Yeah people swear by cornmeal but I haven't tried it

I've used semolina but usually end up using the same flour that I make the dough with (00 pizza flour)

I'd worry about cornmeal messing with the flavor though it's probably not noticeable if you aren't OD with it. A mix of cornmeal/semolina might do the trick
Funny I’ve also been wanting to buy another peel to speed the process up a bit. Only have a metal. Was gonna just get another of the same, but wood probably would be a smart move.

Assuming she NEVER, EVER uses the dishwasher, how would this be any different than storing vegetable in a cabinet? Which is NOT recommended.
Not made at the creativity at all.

Wonder what he thought this was going to do other than get him the spotlight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom