FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Next time ill make it better so I can get compliments on my meat also.
Tag me so I see da meat b

It takes practice and even now I still have times where I make it a little too cooked or a little too undercooked.. but I’d say 8/10 times at least I make it exactly how I want it like above.

Tag me so I see da meat b

It takes practice and even now I still have times where I make it a little too cooked or a little too undercooked.. but I’d say 8/10 times at least I make it exactly how I want it like above.

Do you beat your meat before or nah? I read for ribeyes (which is the cut I got also but a cheaper one) you dont really have to.

Do you beat your meat before or nah? I read for ribeyes (which is the cut I got also but a cheaper one) you dont really have to.
No boss please don’t disgrace a beautiful ribeye like that ever

Just find a well marbled ribeye, let it rest to room temp and follow instructions. No beating necessary at all.

When people tell me they don't like fries from In-N-Out or Five Guys, I can't help but wonder if they're so used to processed and/or frozen food that they just don't like the taste of freshly prepared food. Very literally, the fries you eat from In-N-Out or Five Guys were real potatoes 5 minutes prior to you eating them. They literally cut them right there in the store, fry them, and give them to you.

-foe

Put it in a cast iron or steel pan, you don’t want to cook something that hot in a non stick and non stick won’t sear.

Other than that just practice or get a thermometer to get in the ball park temp range before you get used to feeling your meat to see if it’s ready to eat.

Rest your meat too and don’t beat it. 🥊🥊🥊

When people tell me they don't like fries from In-N-Out or Five Guys, I can't help but wonder if they're so used to processed and/or frozen food that they just don't like the taste of fresh food. Very literally, the fries you eat from In-N-Out or Five Guys were actual potatoes 5 minutes prior to you eating them. They literally cut them right there in the store, fry them, and give them to you.

-foe

The fries don’t bother me and I like in n out. I just think animal style is wack personally.

It isn’t the best burger but for the price name a better place to eat.

When people tell me they don't like fries from In-N-Out or Five Guys, I can't help but wonder if they're so used to processed and/or frozen food that they just don't like the taste of fresh food. Very literally, the fries you eat from In-N-Out or Five Guys were actual potatoes 5 minutes prior to you eating them. They literally cut them right there in the store, fry them, and give them to you.

-foe

I forgot which topic I posted this in but I had 5 Guys like 2 weeks ago after a LONG time not having it, and them fries is good even later when its cold. I aint even warm em up, just ate em cold and they were crack.

Ive only had In n Out twice and dont remember how the fries were, honestly burger was pretty forgettable too.

-foe

Agreed. When I first moved to CA the in n out fries drove me nuts. But they grew on me pretty fast. And when I get them well done they’re perfect to me

Yo Yeti lowball (the small jawns we was saying is 10/10 for coffee and some drinks) is on sale from yeti and possibly going away soon.

$15 with free shipping :pimp:

I HIGHLY suggest if you don’t have one for your coffee you jump now cause these are selling quick I think

When people tell me they don't like fries from In-N-Out or Five Guys, I can't help but wonder if they're so used to processed and/or frozen food that they just don't like the taste of freshly prepared food. Very literally, the fries you eat from In-N-Out or Five Guys were real potatoes 5 minutes prior to you eating them. They literally cut them right there in the store, fry them, and give them to you.

-foe

This is accurate

-foe
Five Guys fries are good as long as you ask them to make them extra crispy. In-N-Out fries remind me of styrofoam.

I think the problem is moreso the fact that neither of them are double-fried, which creates a far superior fry.

Five Guys fries are good as long as you ask them to make them extra crispy. In-N-Out fries remind me of styrofoam.

I think the problem is moreso the fact that neither of them are double-fried, which creates a far superior fry.
That makes sense and I had never considered that. I don't know that I have a working knowledge of what something double fried would taste like, but since I already hate fried food, I imagine I wouldn't like it, personally. I know people love fried food, so I can see that you make a good point about double fried being preferred to just fried.

Interesting. Next time I go to Five Guys, I'm going to ask them if they could fry them longer or well done or whatever, see if I like that better or worse.

-foe

F66BE2E9-6269-4C81-ADC5-7F584209719F.jpeg

Chicken and waffles La Buche Quebec City

All the best fries are double fried to get the soft on the inside crispy on outside consistency. Sometimes they are even triple fried.

The type of oil you use and how you season the fries also matters.

sometimes when fries are cut they’re soaked in water to reduce starch content

They’re dried after soaking.

It’s not always as simple as cutting potatoes and throwing them into hot oil

5 Guys fries are good as hell.

People usually cry about them being soggy.

Get them well done. Problem.solved.

Also, I agree that people might be trashing "real fries" because of how many fake fries we have eaten in our lives.

Back
Top Bottom